Discoveries

We spent the whole day creating what we would be calling home it seemed. It was a pile of large branches twined together at the top with vines and mud. We covered the outside with any kind of leaves with could find and stuck them on with mud. It wasn’t the greatest shelter, but we didn’t know how else we could make one. This was as good as it could be.

We finally finished at nightfall. And being extremely tired, Louis suggested we stop working for today and continue again tomorrow. Louis was far more motivated than me. I just wanted to stop and wait for someone to find us. But I wasn’t so sure anyone was looking for us…

The next morning Louis woke me up early. Stating something about going early decreases the chance of getting hurt, or something like that. I don’t really remember anything else, I was still really tired. We walked through the forest for what seemed like hours, but we eventually arrived at this big lake with a small waterfall pouring into it.

“You see how the waterfall is flowing into the lake and adding more?” I nodded. “That means the water is regulated.”

“What does regulated mean?” I questioned him. It just looked like plain old water to me. Nothing special.

“It means that the water isn’t just sitting there with no movement, collecting dust and parasites. It’s constantly being filtered in a way. It keeps getting new water and moving the old one. Making it a lot safer to drink. Which is good for us.” He smiled at me. “So drink up!”

I laughed and then I cupped my hands and stuck them into the water. And Louis did the same. We sat there drinking the water for a few minutes before I broke the silence.

“Louis, how are we going to get food?”

“That I’m not so sure of yet.”

Another small little update. That's what I think I'm going to be doing from now on. I want to finish this story and the rest of mine before I begin anything new. So I expect this to be done by Christmas hopefully. (: love you guys!

Oh and how do you like the casting? Do you like who I chose to play Rachel or should I change it or remove a cast all together? Comment your opinions! I love hearing them!