Chapter 12

Levy P.O.V

I was discussing plans with some of the older soldiers, sephrim included. "We should speak with the Warlord first, I believe he is more tolerable than our Emperor." The older soldier who spoke earlier, Simon I learned, said. "But we will all be in danger. Nearly everyone has hamsas." Another soldier said. I frowned and tried to think. I looked up at Gajeel who was thinking.

"Give me a day. I will come up with something." I nodded. "If he can come up with something,when should we go?" I looked around at the soldiers surrounding me. "How about two days from now, at dawn?" Simon said. "Is that all right with everyone?" There were a few murmurs." It's settled then. We should be heading back. Meet here in two day, At midnight." Again there were murmurs and everyone started leaving through the ceiling.

Soon only Gajeel, Lily, Jet and I were left. I couldn't wipe the smile from my face as I turned to Gajeel. I hugged him tightly. "This is really happening. This can actually work!" I said as he hugged me back. He kissed my forehead and smiled at me. "Levy we need to go." Lily said quietly. I nodded and pulled back. Gajeel ruffled my hair. "Meet me here tomorrow?" He asked. I smiled and nodded. I leaned up and kissed him before leaving with Jet and Lily.

We made it back to Brimstones shop just after sunrise. I told Issa and Brimstone our plan. "That's wonderful child!" Issa said with a smile. I smiled back before heading to my cot. I woke up late in the afternoon and headed straight for the temple. Gajeel was already waiting for me with a smile. He pulled me out of the air into his arms. "Levy I want to try something." I frowned a little. "What?" "Take off your gloves." I held my hands to my chest and shook my head. "I won't hurt you." He set my on my feet and smiled. "Trust me ok? Take off your gloves and give me your hands." He held both of his hand up, palms facing towards me.

I swallowed and shakily took off my gloves. I looked down at the indigo eyes in my palms and looked back up at Gajeel. He was smiling, waiting patiently. I shakily lifted my hand, placing it on his. I waited for him to double over in sickness, for him to cry out in pain. But instead he continued to smile. He took my bare had and held it to his face, kissing my palm. "But, how?!" He smiled and turned around. He pulled his long hair forward and I saw it at the base of his neck. It was a closed eye, branded into his skin and it was already sealed. A grin split my face as I hugged him tightly. "It's brilliant!" I cried. He laughed as he hugged me tight. "Can we get all the sephrim branded tomorrow?" He nodded. "It's simple, so once they have been, they can brand someone else." I nodded.

"This is it," I said quietly and he looked down at me. "This crazy dream of ours is happening. And once it's all over, we won't have to meet in secret anymore..." I hadn't realized I started crying until a rough hand was wiping them away. "Levy," he said quietly. I looked up at him before he knelt down in front of me. "My dear blue bird. When this is all over, will you marry me?" He asked softly. I smiled as more tears fell down my face. I lept at him, knocking him back. "Of course I'll marry you!" I cried. I would fight for this peace and this future we would create together.