Chapter 8

Gajeel P.O.V

I wasn't sure what that Panther was doing, but I had to take the chance to escape. Once I got free I glamoured myself, having more than enough pain to draw from. I flew far from the caged city and back towards my base camp. There was no where else for me. Levy was gone and I could only think about following her to death. But I couldnt. Her own people turned on her, took her life and just threw her away. All because she loved me and wanted a different way of life. Now that way can never be.

It was the middle of the night when I returned to the camp. I managed to make it back to my tent without getting seen. While I was trying to dress my wounds, Natsu and Erza entered. I didn't look at them while I tried to get the bleeding in my chest to stop. Erza smacked my hand away and started dressing my wounds. I looked away from her, none of us speaking. When she was finished she sat beside me on my cot without saying anything.

Natsu on the other hand, couldn't stay quiet. "So what happened?" He asked as he sat on the floor. "I want to know what we were covering your ass for." I sighed and tried not to let my heart give me away. "I got caught by a group of Chimera... And I learned how they don't seem to lose their numbers..." I said quietly. While Thiago tortured me, he decided to share their secret with me. Kind of an insult to injury. He told me about resurrections and the teeth. That devil and his teeth. I wasn't sure where this Earth was, but if we cut off his connection, we could win.

We could push back those monsters.

Levy P.O.V

It has been nearly a month since my execution. I never venture into Loramendi anymore, only to Earth. I always wear a hat to cover my ears and elbow length gloves, along with either long skirts that cover my tail or long pants, with my tail wrapped and around my waist. Earths clothing was strange, and different countries had different customs. It was all strange to me but I easily caught on.

I went to Earth to meet with Brimstones teeth dealers that were not allowed or did not wish to enter the shop. Brimstone had a strange way of paying for the teeth. He pays in wishes. Coins, carrying in size and power. The larger the medallion, the more powerful the wish. Those that won't enter the shop only get paid in money.

As I came out from my makeshift room in his bookshelves he placed a clip of money on the desk. I looked at the notes. "Marakesh right? Iziel." He nodded. I remember when Iziel would come in when I was young. He had once been a handsome young man, but a wish for all knowledge changed him. He had the most powerful wish, called a gravil. The only way to get those was to pull out all of your own teeth. He slowly became hunched, and soon he was no longer allowed in the shop.

I dressed in a deep orange robe and head wrap with jeans underneath. I took the money and headed for the door to Earth. The door lead to a small entry way with another door. This was a magic portal, this door could open to almost any door in Earth. The switch between Earth and Eretz made me nauseous but I was slowly getting used to it. Once it was finished I opened the door to the sandy Marakesh streets. I walked through the streets, greeting shop keepers with a smile. Brimstone had given me wishes on my birthday every year, and I had wished for Izeils language. He had told me of others so every year I wished for a new one.

I walked through the crowded Bizarre towards the small cafe. The hunched man was sitting quietly and people were avoiding him. I sat across from him and smiled. "Good morning Iziel." He smiled a crooked smile. He had replaced his teeth with fake ones. "Hello kitten."He said as he set a bag on the table. I emptied it and teeth scattered across the table. Most of them were still dirty and they made my stomach turn. Iziel was a grave digger and he plucked the teeth from the dead.

I sorted through them and made two stacks, one for good teeth and one for rotten ones. He gestured towards the larger stack with a hopeful smile. I shook my hand and pulled the small stack towards me and tucked them into my pouch. He sighed and took back the bad teeth. I felt bad so I paid him extra for the teeth. A shadow cross over the table and I looked up. I quickly kicked the table, causing Iziel to topple backwards and I lept back, just as something crashed into the table. I turned and dashed from the person, flapping wings chasing me. Screams erupted from the crowd as I ran, the sephrim catching up to me. I cried out as a sword slashed my back and I pulled my wings in closer to me. As I turned down a back road I pulled one of my short blades from my robe and turned, blocking the blade.

My eyes widened as they met a set of crimson. He gasped and staggered back,his red eyes never leaving mine. His long black hair was pulled back and his wings were glamoured, though his shadow shimmered. He stared at me for a long time before speaking with a hoarse voice, his eyes shining.

"L-Levy?!"