Chapter 10

Gajeel P.O.V

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I flew back to my camp. We had agreed to meet again the next night and continue planning for our peace. Today, we would see if anyone would join us. As I arrived and entered my tent, I was greeted by Natsu and Erza. "Uh hey." I grumbled. Erza stood up. "Where were you this time?" I didn't look at her. She sighed and started to walk past me. "We leave in an hour." "Don't you ever get tired of all this?" I asked her. She froze and Natsu stared at me. "Weapons don't think. Weapons only do a they're told." Erza said before exiting.

I sighed a little and plopped on my cot. "What was that about?" Natsu asked. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you. So what are we doing today?" He sighed a little and sat beside me. "Some chimera have escaped last nights raid, and so we will be combing the forest for them." I sighed and rubbed my eyes. Slaughtering innocent villagers was something iv always been against, even before Levy. People who couldn't defend themselves. Some soldiers were sick enough to try to add those people to the tally on their hands. Erza always stopped them, she thought it was sick too. Natsu patted my shoulder before getting up and walking out.

Within the hour I was flapping high above the forest with a small platoon, along with Natsu. They had started fires throughout the woods to smoke them out and we were over one of paths they would take. Through the trees we cod see a small stream. Natsu and I were skimming the trees when we heard it.

A small scream.

We dove through the trees and landed in the stream. The water didn't even cover my boots. The stream ha a small ledge where a group of villagers were hiding. Most were sheep folk, two of them were dama, deer centaurs and the last was a young tiger boy. Her cradled one of the dama girls who was covering her mouth, her eyes wide. They all stared at us in fear and my stomach turned at the thought of what we were supposed to do. I glanced at Natsu who was staring at them with hard eyes, sword in hand. I watched in awe as he sheathed his sword, and plucked a flower from the stream. He twirled it in his fingers. "Birds huh? They sure are noisy." I looked at him wide eyed before a grin broke across my face. "Yeah. We've already searched over there right?" I motioned towards an area we had cleared and wasn't surrounded by fire. Natsu nodded and tucked the flower into his armor.

We took to the air again and I watched as the villagers escape in the direction I told them. I was amazed that Natsu didn't attack. I thought that maybe I was the only one tired of all this. Maybe there was hope after all.

Levy P.O.V.

I hummed lightly as I sorted teeth for Brimstone and Issa braided my hair. It had gotten long and I decided to keep it that way. I was trying to think of how to find people to join our cause without getting caught. Then I had an idea. "Is it alright if I go into the city?" Brimstone grunted and Issa pat my head. "Take Lily with you." I nodded and hopped up. I put on my black cloak and went to find Lily. He stayed in the shop, like I did, and he slept on the second floor. It was more of an attic so his things were all that was up there. "Lily! I need you to go into town with me! Please!" I said sweetly through the door. He opened it with a chuckle. "Alright alright."

He accompanied me as I searched for someone. I smiled when I saw him. He was tall for our kind but he had nothing on Gajeel and Lily. He was a Sava like me but his fur was a fiery orange, just like his spiky hair. His wings were a sleek black and were larger than mine. I quickly walked towards him, Lily on my heels. "Hey what are you doing?!" He asked as I grabbed his hand and pulled him into an alley. He fought to pull away from me but I didn't let go until we were hidden.

I pulled down my hood and he gasped. "L-Levy?! I thought you were dead!" He pulled me into a tight hug. I giggled and hugged him back. "I'm here Jet, but no one can know." He wiped tears from his eyes as he pulled back. "What are you doing here?" "I'm looking for you." He blushed a little but he smiled. "What can I do?" I took a deep breath and Lily patted my shoulder. "Jet are you... Are you tired of the fighting?" He blinked in surprise. "Well.... Well I guess so." "Jet I need a straight answer." He sighed. "I am... I'm tired of losing friends, and not everyone can be gleaned... I mean... Droy..." I gently grabbed his arm and smiled sadly. Droy was his brother, another from our tribe. It was not a battle in our favor and we couldn't glean his soul, and he evanascensed. "Would you help me gather people for a peaceful cause?" Again he looked at me in surprise but then he narrowed his eyes.

"You mean that ridiculous idea you and that angel had?" He had asked Lily once why I had been with Gajeel and he told him simply for peace. I glared at him. "Yes. An it isn't ridiculous. It can be true, hope can make it true. It makes a kind of magic that can defy all odds. It can make the impossible, possible. Now I ask you again Jet, will you,or will you not, help me? Or will you go to Thiago, like Haveth did." He looked hurt but I didn't care. He sighed a little and smiled before ruffling my hair. "Your lucky your so cute." I smiled. "I need you to did anyone who would be willing to join us. Then meet with me tomorrow." He nodded and hugged me again before me and Lily left. I smiled, glad with what I had accomplished. Lily pat my head with a smile. "I will look for others as well. I will do what I can for the cause." I grinned and hugged him. "Your the best Lily."

As night fell I left for the temple. As I entered I saw Gajeel waiting for me and I smiled. He smiled up at me and opened his arms like he used to. I smiled wider and dropped into his arms, letting him catch me. He quickly kissed me before setting me down. "Any luck?" I asked. He huffed. "Well yes and no. There has been no definite answers but there is potential. You?" I smiled. "Well iv got atleast two, other than Issa and Brimstone. Jet and Lily are going to scout for me, since I'm supposed to be dead." I said as I removed my cloak. I laid it on the ground and sat on it cross legged. Gajeel sat beside me and wrapped his arm around me. I smiled and leaned into him. He kissed my ear, making it twitch and I giggled. His hand gently stroked my arm an he frowned a little. "When did you start wearing gloves?" He pulled on my elbow length fingerless gloves. I looked down sadly. "I didn't want to hurt you... So I wear these to keep my hamsas covered... I wear them in the human world to keep my fur covered." He rested his head on mine sighing softly. He kissed the top of my head.

We sat quietly for a long time. A rustling above us sent us to our feet, blades in hand. I hissed angrily into the shadows and a chuckled erupted. "Down girl down." Gajeel tensed at the voice.

"Natsu?!"