chapter eleven

"So Sophie's a pyrokinitic?"
"Surprise?" Sophie responded nervously.
"Wow, add that to Foster's long list of abilities!" Keefe smirked. Dex looked like he was in deep thought, "I could probably create a bracelet that can help control your fire and enhancing abilities... silver or gold?" Biana's eyes lit up, "Can i help design it?" Dex shrugged, "sure, ill program you design?" Biana squealed and lead Dex to the window nook to start planing. Linh raced after them, "can i help?!" Tam sighed and followed his sister. The only people left where, Keefe, Fitz and Sophie. "Keefe! Get over here! We need an empath!" Dex hollered over the banshee like shrieks of the girls. Now it was down to Sophie and Fitz.
"Sophie, we need to talk."
" 'bout what?"
"About us."
Sophie opened her mouth to talk, but froze.
"What?"
"Do you hear that?"
Fitz stopped in his tracks and listened.
There was a soft thudding coming from upstairs.
"Someone's here..." Sophie whispered.
"Thank god the others left!" Fitz gulped.
(A/n: K i know i said that they where at the window nook but just pretend they went to everglen.)
The two listened carefully as the thudding gradually made its way down the stairs, closer, and closer to her bedroom door. They both scrambled up and grabbed an object closest to them holding it like a weapon. Fitz had grabbed a candlestick holder, and Sophie grabbed a textbook. (A/N: Getting whacked in the head with one of those crappers hurts! Trust me!) slowly the door creaked open to reveal none other than....

Mr.Forkle!
"You kids... always so jumpy!" He grumbled.
"Wha-What are you doing here?" Sophie gawked.
"Im here to take you Home." Mr.Forkle answered like he was bored. "What do you mean by that?" Fitz interjected reminding everyone that he was there too. "I mean, the place where Sophie was created! The base of the black swan!" Mr. Forkle exclaimed.
"What about the others?" Sophie questioned. "They are waiting for us there."
Sophie scrambled about hurriedly packing her things while Fitz had gone home to do the same. Soon enough they where ready, so they stepped into the light. The first thing they saw upon arrival was a sign that read, 'BS headquarters'. Sophie smirked, "its really unfortunate that, that is the abbreviation for the 'Black Swan'." Fitz chuckled along with Sophie, while Mr. Forkle was attempting to restrain a laugh. He failed. Miserably. They finally stumbled into the hallway where they would be staying, dying of laughter, Mr. Forkle never realized how many unfortunate abbreviations there where at the base. "I really should fix those." Mr. Forkle composed himself, "okay, Sophie this will be your room," Mr. Forkle pointed to the door at the end of the hall, Sophie opened it, "Dont worry!" Mr. Forkle quickly added, "the room changes how it looks according to who is staying here, all you have to do is lick this DNA strip." Mr.Forkle held out a DNA strip for Sophie to lick. It tasted like... Strawberries? M room started to make a whooshing  noise before the door slammed shut. After a few seconds there was a dinging sound, and the door flew open, to reveal a teal room with red furniture. "That definitely looks like Foster's room." Came a voice behind them. Sophie jumped. She turned around to see the others. "When did you guys get here?" Sophie asked, her eyebrows shooting up. "We've been here for awhile, we never got to Everglen." Dex replied.