Chapter 6

You sat down in your room and tried to hold back the tears, you could hear Michael and your mum fighting in the kitchen. You sighed and grabbed a suitcase. The door opened very slowly to reveal Luke creeping in “What’s going on?” he whispered pointing with his thumb over his shoulder towards the kitchen, you shrugged and began packing. “Wait are you leaving?” he asked confused, coming over to see what you were doing. “Yup. Mum’s here and she’s taking me back in a few hours” you replied, keeping your head down and jamming as many clothes as you could into your case. “What? Why? What did you do?” he sat down in front of you, you shrugged “She got the wrong idea about the other night, she thinks I stayed out all night partying and drinking and stuff… you know what really happened”. “That’s so unfair, are you gonna tell her what really happened?” he questioned helping you fold your clothes. “Nahh it will just make things harder, I’ll let things blow over, be a good kid and somehow move back in here” you answer, he nods as you speak.

"I tried" Michael whispered as you hugged him goodbye "yeah well not hard enough" you hissed. Your mum honked the car horn "I’m sorry okay? I’ll try to convince her to let you come back" he said kissing your forehead, you nodded hoping your tear-barriers wouldn’t let you down. You stared out of the car window, not once making eye contact with your mum. In your old bedroom you looked at your old posters on the wall and the old hand-me-downs from Michael you still had living in your wardrobe. You flopped back on your bed clutching your phone, hoping one of the boys would text or call you. In the evening you didn’t go downstairs and eat dinner, you weren’t called. In the early hours of the next day you received a text from Luke "You up? X" it read you immediately rung him. "Hello?" he answered, it made you smile to hear his voice but sad that you wouldn’t see him for a while. "I haven’t slept yet" you groan, checking the time. "Me neither, it’s 5am" he replied. "I know I just checked, last night was fun wasn’t it, sleeping in your room. It was just really nice." you say looking up at the glow in the dark stars still firmly blue-tacked to your ceiling. "Yeah, it was good. I want it to happen again" he said in a kind of sleepy voice. You smiled at his words, you suddenly heard movement in another part of the house. "Hang on Luke, I think someone’s up" you say, listening out for anyone. "Okay we’re fine now, Luke?….Luke?….. Hello? Are you still there?" you asked, no reply. He snored a little, giving up the game. "Okay, goodnight Luke. I love you" you giggled before hanging up.

By 6am you still hadn’t slept so you crept downstairs and had breakfast, you grabbed your keys and went for a run. You ran along the pavement as you watched the low sun slowly climb higher into the sky. As you were walking it crossed your mind that you still had your key to Michael’s so you could easily run there. It wasn’t too far. When you got there you silently got in and made your way to Luke’s room. You slipped off your shoes and got in the bed beside him, you pressed kisses to his neck, up his jaw and onto his cheek. He stirred and whimpered a little as you kissed him. “Y/n?” he seemed so confused, you couldn’t help but smile. “Hey” you murmured cuddling up to him. “You’re gonna be in deep shit when you get back, you know that right?” he whispers into the pillow, not fully registering exactly what was happening. “Yeah I know, but it will be worth it” you shrug as he rolls over to face you. He gently kisses your lips “How long do you think you’ll be at your parents house?” he asked gazing into your eyes, the only thing he could make out in the pitch black. “Dunno, hopefully only a couple of weeks but it depends how I behave and how mum decides to treat me” you sigh. He nods in response.

You looked over at his alarm clock to check the time “shit! Luke I have to go, I’m really sorry okay but I’ll ring you tonight or something” you said wriggling out of his loving grip. He groaned pulling you back “No don’t go, you’ve only been here for an hour”. “I know but if mum finds out then it will be an hour too long” you replied standing up and slipping your trainers back on, he got out of the bed as well to give you a tight hug and a kiss goodbye. He closed his eyes as he grabbed your waist, pulling you closer so his lips touched yours. “I have that you’re not living here and it’s only been a day” he frowned, looking at his feet. “Hey it’s okay, I’ll probably move back in soon anyway” you answered, after a moment kissing him again.

Three days later and your phone, laptop and headphones had been taken away. Three weeks later and Michael had convinced your parents to let you come back and have your stuff given back.

Michael came to pick you up on a Friday night. “How bad was it?” he asked after you’d buckled your seatbelt and left your parents house. You looked over at him with an expressionless face “Don’t ever make me see that house again”. He glanced over at you with his mouth open a little bit “It can’t have been that bad, cou-“, “Yes, yes it fucking could’ve been that bad. Just don’t make me go back, ever, please?” you mumble. He nods, turning his attention back to the wheel. You stopped at a Chinese takeaway on the way home.

"Guess who’s back?!" Michael shrieked as the two of you burst through the door holding the Chinese food and your bags. Ash and Calum jumped up and gave you big hugs "did you miss us?" "did you miss the spaghetti?" "how was it?" "are you okay?" "Is that chinese food?!" the both propelled questions at you, you tried your best to answer them but all you really wanted to know was where Luke was. You were all sat around the TV watching Kerrang, Ashton was air drumming to ‘The Pretender’ by Foo Fighters while Michael and Calum were singing along enthusiastically, also playing air instruments. You sat back and laughed at them while eating your food, trying your hardest not to spit any out. When it went to an ad break everyone calmed down a bit "so, wheres Luke?" you asked before shoving a huge forkful of chicken chow mein into your black hole of a mouth. They all went silent and stared down at the ground. "Guys?" you asked, a tense feeling growing in your stomach.