Chapter 21

You stood in the doorway staring at your two best friends. "Y/n" Ashton groaned after swiftly pulling on his underwear. You backed away and without saying anything, closed the door as you left the room.

"Oh for fucks sakes," Lucy sighed, putting her clothes on. "I-I...What do we do? What do we say?" Ashton asked. Lucy finished pulling her top over her head, "I'll go, she'll hate me less," she explained and walked out, picking up her coat as she went.

You were in the kitchen making yourself a glass of milk, spilling it slightly as you poured it with a shaking hand. Lucy shuffled towards you, and coughed awkwardly to get your attention. You slammed the glass down violently and spun to face her, "Are you gonna explain? Or what?" you furrowed your brow. "It didn't mean anything," Lucy assured you, "Is that meant to make it better?' you retaliated. She shook her head and came towards you, "When we skipped school the other day and we got high, I know I told you something important, but I don't know how much I said." Lucy said in a hushed tone. "You're bi, that doesn't make a difference. You still slept with one of my best friends, which is so fucked up and I'd never do that to you." You answered, "No y/n you don't get it, it's not like that," she said, defending herself. "So what is it like then?" you frowned, Lucy took a deep breath, "Oh y/n, this wasn't how I wanted to say this," she sighed, you looked at her expectantly, "I'm gay. I've known for years" She stated, "...then why did you just fuck a man, with like a penis?" you frowned again. She groaned as she dragged her hands down her face. "I came out to my family and they all told me that I wouldn't know until I had been with a man... so... I tried it... with a man..." she trailed off. "Oh my God..." you breathed before bursting out laughing. "What?" Lucy whispered watching you as you tried to compose yourself. "Oh Lucy, you twat" you sighed. "I know, I know, I'm so embarrassed... I'm just gonna, I'm just, I'm just gonna leave" she told you as the door opened and Michael, Luke and Calum walked in. "Okay well, todays been weird, but I still love you, okay? You're still my best friend" you reassured her pulling her into a tight hug. She squeezed you tight before saying good-bye and leaving.

Ashton didn't come out of his room until Calum called him to dinner. You were finding it hard to make eye contact with him while you ate. "You okay, Ash?" Luke asked. He shrugged. "I just wish I had more privacy, like a lock on my bedroom door" Ashton replied. You choked on your water. "Problem?" he glared. "I don't know I'm not the one who turned someone gay" you scoffed. Calum looked up from his plate, "A dude turned gay for you?" Calum asked, surprised. "No my friend took one look at your grass blade penis and decided all she wanted was vagina." You smirked. At which point Michael and Luke both choked on their food. "Which friend? Lucy? Y/n, is Lucy a lesbian?" Michael asked. "She is now" you lied. "What are talking about? She was the one who came onto me" Ashton said defensively. "You fucked Lucy?" Luke asked, a bit behind in the conversation. "I... what? I'm so confused" Ashton frowned. "You fucking turned my best friend gay" you repeated. "No I didn't y/n, stop making up shit" he said raising his voice. "Yes you did, she was straight then she fucked you and now she's fucking gay" You lied. "Y/n that's not how sexuality works" he yelled. "She literally told me, Ashton" you replied. "Y/n listen to me, I am fucking bisexual and that's not how sexuality fucking works, okay?" he really yelled this time. You didn't say anything, no one did. You all just stared at him, shocked at his outburst. "Oh fuck off, fuck you all" he spat. "Ashton please just calm down" Luke said standing up. Ashton stood up and flipped his plate so the food flew everywhere and the plate smashed, making you flinch. "Literally fuck off! Luke, you can't even fuck your stupid girlfriend without her having nightmares about being raped! And you can't even deal with them? I have to! Calum, you are literally dating a fucking hooker. Michael, you get drunk every time you get even a little sad or angry, you have no coping mechanism for your emotions and your sister doesn't notice because she's too busy trying to keep up this ridiculous rape lie" he shouted making quotation marks with his fingers as he said the word rape. "I saw the dress you were wearing that night, I'm sorry but really you were asking for it. You're just so attention seeking, you love attention from guys and it's so fucked up! You lead me on for months you're just such a motherfucking tease". Halfway through that last sentence Michael had had enough, he couldn't listen to any more of what he was saying, he stood and made his way towards Ashton. As he said the word tease, Michael threw his fist and it connected with Ashton's cheekbone, causing him to groan as he slumped to the floor. He looked down and grimaced at his bloody knuckles. "Michael" you gasped, standing up to look at what had just happened. "For god's sake. I fucking hate living here sometimes" Calum muttered standing up taking all the plates to the kitchen. You went to the kitchen to get the first aid kit. "I slaved away over this dinner for hours and this is the thanks I get" Calum was still muttering angrily to himself as he scraped the leftover food into the bin. Luke came up behind you and looped his arms around your waist, "No one thinks you're faking by the way, I know you would never lie about something like that" he murmured into your neck. "Thank you" you replied, turning around to face him. He pressed his forehead to yours and kissed you gently. You heard Ashton groan from the floor. "I should... sort them out" you said as you parted lips.