Chapter 9

Chapter nine: Cora

  Cora looked out the window of the apartment. Jasmine finally found her and Kree tells her that her brother Lief is in Death City with them. AND he is in the school! Cora stared. If Lief really is there, then he is safe......or unless he isn't safe at all. She and Jasmine were going to walk into a school blindly. But Soul told Cora that he was going to be with her. Cora wondered what was going to happen in this school, would she like it? Would she hate it? Would she be able to Beyblade still? And she still had this one question on her mind since she heard it: Why was Death City and Metal City serprated from each other? 

   Cora heard the others talking still. 

   "So, we just get Lord Death to see you, ask him to bring you in, and then you can start the search for your brother, or friend or......oh nevermind." Maka huffed. 

   "Are you sure this will work?" Jasmine said, doubtfully. 

   Cora looked at Jasmine. "It has to work. If we ever want to get back home, then we have to go through with this." she said. 

   "Cora, what if we can't get back home? What would happen then?" Jasmine said. 

   Cora went silent. She didn't have a clue. She looked at Soul and Maka. "When do we talk to Lord Death?" 

Soul and Maka lead Cora, Jasmine, Spyro, and Hikaru down a hall with blades hanging from the ceiling. Actually, Cora couldn't see if this was a hall. It just looked like pillars on both sides, and hanging above each pillar, were blades, then were walls should be, there was clear land, with clouds in a sky back round. Cora stared at the strange hall. Something felt familuar here. Cora could sence it. Cora looked at Soul and Maka. They seem to tense up alittle and Cora made a very confused face. 

   "What's going on?" Cora asked. 

   "Dr. Stein is near." Soul replyed in a low voice. 

   Cora stared. Jasmine's ears were now listening. Cora could tell from the stern look on the girl's face and the focused green eyes as she looked forward. Cora stared.  

   "What is it, Jasmine?" Cora hissed. 

   "I hear voices. They're talking about someone. I can't tell who." Jasmine said. 

   Maka and Soul stopped eruptently and peered around a corner. Cora looked around the corner as well. A man was talking to another person......or more like a THING instead. Soul stared at Maka for a moment and then looked at Cora. Cora looked at him with her determined blue eyes. 

   "I assure you, Dr. Stein, he will be in the acadamy, there is only one problem. The boy you found on the streets is a weapon, so he must have a meister. How is he now? Did you send him to his room like I asked?" The thing said. 

   "I did. He is alright, he will just be asleep for a few days. And I have found his meister as it it." the man said. He turned his head and Cora saw a giant screw in his head. Cora finally saw the cirgeret in his mouth, stiches everywhere on his body, and the glasses on his face. He looked over to his side and Cora saw a teen, about Soul's age, stand next to the man with a slight smile. 

   "This is who I picked to be his Meister." the man said. 

   "What is your name, younge man?" the thing said. 

   The teen smiled more. "My name is Kyoya Tategami. I knew Lief for quiet some time now." the teen said. 

   Cora stared. The boy turned at a different angle and Cora could see the green hair, the sharp safiar blue eyes, and the T shape scars below his eyes. Cora stared at the boy in wonder. How would this guy know about her brother?