Phoenix Rising

Phil was at it again with his games, or so it seemed.

"No more sex on the road Dan. I think we should hold out for hotels." He spoke so matter-of-factly between the crunchy bites of kale chips that it made Dan sit bolt upright. It came out of absolutely nowhere. He hadn't even turned to look Dan in the eyes when he said it, which is precisely why Dan laugh-snorted when he heard it.

"I'm serious Dan," Phil shrugged. "I was just thinking about how good it is when we make ourselves wait."

Dan had to agree. There was something incredibly hot about building tension between them. The anticipation of finally being able to kiss, to touch, to hold, to fuck? It was beyond thrilling. Then there was the teasing, the sexy, tantalizing, descriptive, texts sent between them from their bunks late at night.

"I agree," Dan replied with surprising enthusiasm, "no sex until Phoenix." He smiled sideways and licked his lips.

"Really?" Phil sounded surprised, if not totally offended. "No! I was bluffing!You know I can't go even two days without you."

Dan considered laughing it off and slipping into Phil's bunk again in the night. He literally just agreed to something that had his balls tingling. No, he was not going to go back on this. It was too hot, and the promise of increasingly hot sexual exchanges between the two of them had Dan's belly swirling with excitement.

"Well I'm not. Think about it Phil." Dan grinned until his dimples had his fiancé feeling weak in the knees. Dan stood and walked to the vinyl sofa, situating himself across Phil's lap. His knees sunk into the crease and his bottom lay over Phil's slightly-parted thighs. "You know how much fun we have when we make ourselves wait for each other." He spoke lowly and softly in Phil's left ear. He could smell his lover's warm cologne in the hollow of his neck, and it drove him insane. Dan hummed approvingly. "Fuck, you smell so good Babe."

Phil exhaled deeply, gripping Dan's hips as he all but purred into his ear. His baby had an excellent point. It was always exceptionally incredible sex when they made waiting part of the game. It reminded them of the early days, when they were forced apart by geography. They would go weeks without seeing each other, and the physical separation was unbearable. For two young, new, lovers, it was torture. They found ways to express their physical desires over the phone, via text, and over Skype. By the time that they got to each other the next time, the tension was so high that you could slice through rock with a single strand of hair. They were like ticking time bombs, ready to explode on contact. It was simultaneously the worst and best part of their long-distance relationship.

"What are the rules?" Phil asked, clearly intrigued. He slid his palms up Dan's sides, the material of his pink hoodie bunching up along the way, exposing his lover's smooth, creamy skin.

"No touching each other." Dan answered quickly. "Talking, texting, photos, videos - all fine. But we can't touch each other until we check into our hotel in Phoenix on Saturday. Sound good?"

"Sounds fucking hot to be perfectly honest." Phil licked his lips and rubbed the warm skin of Dan's sides. "But you can't do it."

Dan smiled and moaned softly. "Starting now." He stood carefully and backed away. The pink hoodie slipped down over his bare skin. Phil raised his eyebrows. He looked as if Dan had taken an actual cookie out of his hand.

"Wait, what? No goodbye kiss?"

"Saturday. There will be all kinds of kisses." Dan winked.

"But that's five days away Dan," Phil looked mildly panicked. "Just one little kiss?"

Dan considered denying him if only to make Phil want him more. The truth was that he already wanted Phil, rather, he never stopped wanting Phil.