it's driving me insane

One thing that just makes my mind implode is waiting for a reply. I'm usually a fairly patient person, but when I'm extremely bored, and I start talking to someone, I want to continue the conversation (depends on the person, of course). Then, I'll say something important/serious/emotional/ask a question and I don't get a response. It's fine if it takes ten minutes or so. I understand that...but two hours? It can be a bit crazy for me. Mostly because I fear that I've said something wrong, or that I made them uncomfortable.

Then I spend a long time, contemplating if I should send something else. Would it be rude if I asked if they are still there...would they be annoyed? Then I start to re-read everything I wrote and find all of the flaws, whether it's typos, or awkward sentences or possible double meanings in what I've said...

It's an interesting process. Now, I don't do this as much as I used to. It all depends on what I'm talking about and who I'm talking to and how badly I want to continue the conversation.

I can't be the only one that this happens to. I just always end up waiting hours for a reply...do I just always send something at the wrong time? Am I doing something wrong? Is everyone else just incredibly busy? Does this further prove that I spend too much time on the internet?

Maybe.

Should I continue to listen to Curious Device by Mr. Reed?

Definitely, just like I have been for the past 10 hours....