1. Why Are You Sad?

Creek was doing yoga out in the sun when he saw grumpy Branch collecting sticks. Creek felt bad for him and wanted to make him happy again. "Hey, Branch!" Creek said friendly to Branch. "Leave me alone" Branch answered. "But, I just..." "I said leave me alone, OK?!" Branch was angry. "I just want to make you happy." Creek said in a calm voice. "No body can make me happy. Now go!" Branch answered in an angry voice. Branch was still collecting sticks. "Why are you so negative, Branch?" Creek asked him in a sweet voice. Branch stopped. He seemed sadder now. "I... I don't want to talk about it..." he said. "Come on, Branch! I just want to help you!". Branch got mad. He turned at Creek's side and said furiously: "I SAID NO!!". He was so mad that he accidentally hurt Creek with a stick. "Ouch!" Creek screamed. "Oh, I'm so sorry I didn't want to hurt you." Branch told him and petted his head. "Don't touch me!" Creek said and stepped back. "Creek! What happened?" Poppy had heard Creek screaming and came to help him. "Branch hurt me with a stick." Creek explained. "It was an accident!" Branch explained. "Branch! I've told you not to hurt Creek! He is sensitive!" Poppy said angrily to Branch and petted Creek's head. "Let's take care of your wound now." Poppy said to Creek and walked with him to get him home. While Creek was walking, he turned his head to Branch and looked at him in a sad way. He was sorry for him. Branch looked at him angrily. "Stupid Creek!" he said madly and kicked a rock.

Poppy had taken Creek to his house and she was taking care of him. She putted a hansaplast on Creek's wound. "Are you OK?" she asked him in a friendly voice. "Yes, thank you" he thanked her. Creek still wanted to make Branch happy. "Poppy, do you know why Branch is so grumpy all the time?" he asked Poppy. "I have no idea..." she answered. "But you shouldn't ask him, he may hurt you again." "OK..." Creek agreed and seemed sad.

He went out of his house and went to Branch. "Hi, Branch!" Creek said friendlyly to him"Woah!" Creek scared him and he knocked down his sticks. "You again?" Branch looked furious. "I just wanted you to tell me why you are so grumpy." Creek explained him. "No, I won't tell you!" Branch said and started collecting his sticks again. "But, I want to help you! Please, Branch, please!" Branch looked at Creek. He was so cute. He sighed and said:"Fine, I'll tell you." Creek sut down and listed carefully to what Branch was saying. "When I was a child I was singing. But I didn't pay attention to the Bergen who was coming. She tried to catch me but my grandma sacrificed her self for me..." Branch ended his story. "Oh, that's so sad..." Creek said and hugged Branch. "I'm sure you needed a hug." "No! Stop hugging me!" Branch said angrily and pushed away Creek. "Oh, Branch... I wish there was something I could do for you..." Creek said in a sad voice. "There's nothing you can do. Now leave me alone." Branch said grumpyly to Creek. "OK!" Creek said joyfully and walked away. But he still wanted to help.