Chapter 7: The Truth Comes Out

Classes today ended within a snap of a finger and I headed towards the boys dorm to hang out with the trio.

Walking through the hallways were impossible without many judging faces dawdling by my sides and back and students conversing about me, which was definitely negative.

"A clique member? Ain't she new?"

"God, she's gross."

"Why is her low-class ass with Ted?"

I got heated instantly and was ready to swing hands, but Ted noticed and calmed me down, not caring about the glaring snobs.

After classes were over, A.K.A sharing glances with Ted throughout the whole period, he kissed me goodbye to leave for football practice and so I walked to the boys dorm.

—————————————————————

The boy's lounge only consisted of them, as always.

"What up boys!" I cheerfully greeted.

"(Y/N)! How's ar-" Jimmy cut off midway when he spotted my uniform, handing me a perplexed look.

"A-are you a j-jock?" Petey stuttered, though I don't know why he seemed afraid.

Gary slowly walked over to me, crossing his arms. "Well, well, well. The slut upgraded quickly. Who did you have to fuck to get in?" he deviously chuckled.

I toughly jabbed his shoulder, causing him to wince in pain. "Bug off, man. Ted watched me at track yesterday and I,, guess I'm a clique member now. I didn't expect it to happen."

Jimmy came up next to Gary and lended me a high-five. "Congrats, that's awesome! Maybe now people will respect you more, eh?" We both laughed, but I wished that was true.

Gary was about to return to the couch, but detected something slightly on the side of my neck. "Woah, is that a,, hickey?" he raised an eyebrow.

My eyes widened and I awkwardly laughed, but Jimmy, Gary and Pete stared me down, genuinely curious.

Jimmy raised his hand up below my chin but I harshly slapped it away. "Pssh, it's not a big deal, a hickey's a hickey."

"If it's not a big deal, who the hell was sucking on ya?" Jimmy backed up and examined me up and down.

I turned to Gary who slumped on the couch, face so furious that steam would literally fire out of his ears. Why is he so salty?

I sighed and dumped on the couch next to him, feeling perplexed about the whole situation now and before. "What do you smartasses think? The captain of the football team made all this happen. I mean, I'm not mad about it, just didn't take everything in yet." I was being overdramatic but at this point, the sensitive side of me really is taking a toll on me.

Jimmy strolled in front of us. "Yikes, the real worry right now is Mandy. She can get realll feisty once she finds out you've been handsy on her man." he chuckled softly.

Pete chimed in. "Actually haha, I-I think it's the other way around. Mandy has no chance on (Y/N). All she does is gossip and complain."

I fiercely stood up, pointed at Pete, and clicked my tongue to show agreement. "He's damn right, why would I be afraid of some pussy cheerleader? Plus, her 'man' made the moves on me so who's the real clown?" I giggled. "So if she wants to talk, I'm all ears."

"Ooo a cat fight, can't wait!" Jimmy laughed and squeezed in the middle of the couch to watch some TV. The conversation began dying down and everyone went back to their own thing.

Except me, who was so focused on Gary, like a stalker deeply interested in their victim. We may be harsh towards each other but I genuinely know when he feels off... and it made me feel like shit. After what seemed like a long period of time, I stood on my shoes and brought myself up to him.

His head was down while fumbling with his fingers, I noticed he was breathing a bit heavily as well, which made my heart pound.

I snapped my fingers right in front of his slick hair to grasp his attention. He glanced up, eyes sparkling from the hint of sun through the window which caused me to space out for a second before regaining consciousness.

"Uh hey, can we talk alone for a second?" I asked innocently.

"Why, the fuck do you want?" he quietly snapped, fixing his hard breathing. Seriously, why is he so salty?

Jimmy was too brainwashed from the TV to notice and Pete was distracted from the nerdy arcade game.

"Listen dweeb, I just want to talk to you privately so get your ass up and lets go to your dorm, now." I ordered. He stared at me for a quick period and rolled his eyes, aggressively walking out the lounge with me just behind his tracks.

A/N
This was a quick one to publish because I worked on this chapter wayyy before but nere got to complete it until now. Sorry if it's a bit rushed but I'll do better, i promise smh. Enjoy and think about what will come next! :)