Chapter Four

*** [A/N:] I wrote from both Lewis' and Cassidy's POV, so please excuse the length if it's short :o. Oh, and if Lewis comes across as gay, I promise you he is not! I've never ever written from a guy's view, and I've never been good with them so bear with me people! Hopefully I'll get better soon[: Enjoy. ***

Lewis' POV:

I watched the girl, I think she called herself Cassidy, as she quickly scampered away from me. "She was such a beauty," I mused to myself as I headed along my way to my art class, at least, I hoped I was heading in the right direction.

Something had seemed... Off, yeah, I guess that's the word. Something had seemed off with Cassidy. A lot of the female population here had been flocking to me today, and they were pretty, I guess. But they were all too cocky, too self-assured that they were prettiest girls in the school, if not the world.

Cassidy wasn't like that though. To me, she was the prettiest of them all...yet she seemed so unsure of herself, as if she was questioning every move she made because she had no self-confidence. The whole ordeal struck me as strange, and I swore to myself that I'd get to know Cassidy better. 

I forcibly cleared my mind off all my thoughts as my newest art teacher, her name had already slipped my mind, passed out paper and coloured pencils to the class. I quickly scanned the room to look for any familiar faces, and I was slightly dissapointed when I realized I recognized nobody from my first period class. Ah, well, I'll eventually find friends to call my own here.

Our teacher instructed us to sketch and finalize a nature scene, and warned us that she wouldn't accept anything that didn't have colour. The scene we drew was entirely up to us, and we had the remaining forty-five minutes of class to complete the task at hand.

I sighed and began working on a simplistic beach scene, complete with palm trees and umbrellas up on the shore, and surfers out on the waves that were crashing along the shoreline. Nature scenes were pretty basic and easy to master with a bit of practice, and a hint of skill, yet it seemed to be a favourite assignment among art teachers.

I finished my sketch and had it finalized within the first fifteen minutes, leaving me half an hour to add the colour and turn it in. Piece of cake! I started to lightly shade in parts of my picture with the various coloured pencils that were scattered across the table I had chose to sit at. I decided to make it at sunset, and started using oranges, reds and yellows to give the picture a proper sunset setting. I lightly sketched in a few straggling clouds and eyed over the picture. If nothing else, the picture had good composition.

Not great,  but it was good, enough to pass an inspection from the teacher I'd hope. The scene I'd created was almost realistic, but that was likely thanks to the years of drawing lessons that started at age five when my mother "seen potentional in me" and got me enrolled in the classes.

I'd take quite an easy route with this piece, and as I approached the front desk to turn it in I started feeling more and more ashamed of the work I had done. I handed it to Mrs. Keister, the name plate on her desk had reminded me of her name, and she smiled up at me with approval after glancing at it for a few seconds. "Very nice work, young man! I can see that you're going to be an excellent addition to this class."

I nodded my head in an attempt to be polite and returned to my seat with another sheet of printer paper in my hand. I idly started to doodle on the page until Mrs. Keister informed us we had five minutes until the bell rang.

Chaos erupted as my peers scrambled to complete their assignments and gather their things. I glanced down at my doodles to discover that I'd merely shaded a few random spots on the page. I crumbled the paper up and and tossed it into the waste basket. When the bell rang, I was one of the first people to leave.