Chapter 9: Grocery Shopping

Oh my goodness! Did Tyler just invite himself to go shopping with me?

No, he was headed there too so it's a coincidence.

Keep telling yourself that girl.

"Lead the way," He said.

He was heading for his SUV when I got a flashback to the night at the club a giggle escape my lips.

He turns and looks at me, but when he saw I was still staring at his vehicle he chuckled too.

"That was the best night of my life, sweetheart." He winked at me.

Something about the way he said that makes my body feel all tingly inside.

"Which grocery store do you want to go to?" He asked.

"Walmart".

****

As we park our cars. I grab my bag and open the door.

Tyler jumped out, and took my hand, as I stepped out. I gasp as goosebumps broke out on my hands from his touch. We walked in silence to the grocery store entrance. Suddenly, nerves assaulted me.

What if someone recognized me and go tell my dad that I am with a boy in the supermarket.

We entered the store, and I looked around to see if I know anyone.

"Where to first?" Tyler asked, still holding my hand grinning as he pulled out a shopping cart as we walked in.

"You seem really excited about shopping for food," I whispered, pulling my hand back slowly from his, he frowned at me but quickly put a smile on.

"I haven't been to the grocery store since I got here, Susan my housekeeper do all the shopping and cleaning. But she always brings back my favorite treat Gummy Bears"

I laughed. "Well, then, let's make this memorable. If you're good, I will buy you some Gummy Bears"

"Really! Then let's get shopping!"

I laughed. He took my hand once again and pull me further into the store.

I walked ahead of him, and he followed behind me with the cart. I was a little embarrassed when I realized he would witness my bargain shopping. I hadn't thought of the fact he would see me worrying over money. I couldn't get out of this now. I might as well swallow my pride and get what I needed. I reached for a loaf of bread. I didn't want to face him, but I knew he was watching me. I walked over to the cold meats and grabbed the deli shredded roast beef Dad adored. I hated wasting money on such expensive meat, but Dad loves it and I can't say no to him.

A loud whisper came from behind us, "No, Mama, that's Hannah!" And I turn around to see Mrs. Priya Moti and her daughter Anjali.

"See Mama, I told you it was her!" The little girl said as she ran and give me a hug.