Chapter 3 : Making Plans

"Tyler! Tyler! Dude are you fucking deaf!"

"What!" I snapped

"Are you going with me to Dories? We can grab breakfast and after we can go check out some of these LA girls, maybe bring two or three back with us"

"Nah I think am going to go get some sleep, I've been up since three this morning"

"Tyler Fucking Harper are you on your period?, cause dude you are acting like a crazy bitch right now 'I rather curl up in bed with a bowl of ice cream and watch Cinderella," Joe said trying to impersonate a girl's voice.

"Fuck you, Asshole"

"You're not my type. C'mon dude are you still thinking about what your Aunt said, look I know someday you going to take over your Dad's business but she can't force you into marriage. That's just wrong".

Joe Davis is the only one who knows what my life is behind closed doors. Six months ago for my twenty-three birthday, my Aunt Jenny told my parents it was time for me to settle down, that's not the worst part, the worst part: she found 'the girl'. Dad always listens to his sister. ALWAYS!. Sometimes I feel like he's her puppet, I wish he can just grow some balls and stand up to her. So there is no reasoning with him or her it's like talking to a closed door.

I told her I need a few months to think about it, that's why I took a two months vacation in LA just so I can get away from her nagging. When she called last night demanding what my answer is, I flipped out and cut the call and turn my phone off. I couldn't sleep the whole night cause I kept replaying the whole incident over and over again. Yet it still doesn't make any sense. 'Why is she focusing me to get married?' 'Why did she pick the girl?' So many questions but no answers.

"Dude you fucking serious right now! I have been talking to you about ten minutes and you spaced out on me again" I felt cold liquid on my face.

"What the fuck-"

"Dude look at yourself, you look like you need a beer and a babe, to take your mind off your self-pity".

I know he is right, all I do since I got here is brood and pity myself. Yes, we have our fun at the nights but no matter how hard I try I just can't shake this feeling I have about this whole thing. I try talking to Dad about it but it's no use. But that has to end today. Right now. Jenny may think she controls me but she has no idea what's coming her way.

"Alright, just give me a few minutes for a quick shower," I said as I stood up and headed to my room.

"Atta boy!"

I flip Joe off as I close the door behind me.

"Good Morning, Welcome to Dory's would you like to place your orders?" The young waitress asked us as she pulls out a small notepad from her pocket. We take turns placing our orders.

"Be right back." she said as she headed to the kitchen.

"Hey you know what we should do, we should spice up our little vacation here. Like, break some hearts."