Chapter 10

"Goodnight Kat!" My mom smiles. "Night mom." I grin, closing my door and locking it. I spring into action. I put on some ripped black skinny jeans, a black Greenday shirt, a red and black flannel, black vans, and a gray beanie. I scrunch my hair, do my makeup and wait for Billy's text.

Billy: I'm here. ;)

I teleport out the window and to Billy. He whisper screams and glares at me. "Don't do that!" He squeaks. I laugh at him as we walk to his car. "I can't believe I'm doing this." I laugh. "Oh. Daddy Liam's going to come get you!" He says in a joking tone. "He's going to be even more mad when I dye my hair!" I laugh. "What color?" Billy asks. "You'll see." I smirk and we get in the car.

Speak of Liam, I suddenly get a call from him. "Hey Liam!" I exclaim. "Hi Kat. Are you home?" He asks. "Yeah. In bed. Why?" I ask. "Oh okay. Kelli just called to tell me that she saw a boy and a girl outside her window. Did you sneak out?" He asks. "No." I reply honestly. HAHAHA IF HONESTY IS ACTUALLY RELEVANT IN THIS SITUATION!

"Alright. Well It's like 5 in the morning here. I just wanted to call you before all of the interviews we have today. Love you." He says. "By Li. Love you." I grin and hang up. "Your fingers are sparking Kat." Billy laughs. "Shut up." I reply in a joking tone. I really do hate my glitches. "Thank god he doesn't want to FaceTime. I'd be screwed!" Billy laughs.

Just then, guess who wants to Facetime? I hit decline but he just keeps calling me. Liam texts me all of a sudden.

I heard the sound of a car. The jig is up!

I don't reply. "He figured us out. We need to get home." I sigh. "Who said anything about going home. I planned an awesome walk in the park!" Billy exclaims.

I agree to keep going.

I call him and he picks up.

"Look. I snuck out to go on a date with my friend Billy. Don't be mad. I really like him and we were going to just walk around in the park and please don't tell my mom or Kelli they'd KILL ME!" I rush.

"I understand. I've done all sorts of stuff like that when I was little. I didn't tell your mom or Kelli. Just have fun and stay safe!" He chuckles and hangs up.

"That went better than I expected!" I exclaim and Billy laughs.

(*)

A few days later guess what time it is?

"Oxer!" Amy yells. I turn Louie to the 4'9" oxer and he jumps it easily. "Let him be done!" She yells.

I slow Louie to a walk and exhale deeply. "Good job Kat!" Amy grins. "Thank you." I yell.

I walk Lewis up to the barn and sigh. "Pretty good go right?" I ask. He nods his head. "Katherine. Can I talk to you for a second? Andy will take care of Lou." Amy tells me. I nod and follow her into the office. "So there's a show in Wayne, Illinois, called Equifest. They have a welcome stake, a grand prix, and a ton of different class you can take Louie in. We just need to get his USEF card." Amy explains.

"Okay. I'll talk to Liam. When is it?" I ask. "It starts August 26th." She smiles. "You'll show Thursday, Friday, and Saturday."

I decide to call Liam, hoping he picks up. "Hey Kat." He answers. "Hi Liam. So, there's this horse show in Illinois called Equifest. Amy really wants to take Louie and I because they have a grand prix and a welcome stake." I tell him.

"When is it?" He asks. "August 26 through the 30th." I tell him. "Okay. We'll be in Chicago then. It will all work out." He grins. "What?!" I exclaim. "Yep. You're going!" I can picture him smiling. "I love you Liam." I squeal. "Love you too Kitty, talk to you later!" He says and hangs up.

"Well?" Amy asks. "How do I get his USEF card?" I ask. She beams and hands me a form.

5 minutes later...

I sit on the picnic table grazing Louie. "Okay. So you are a zebra. Your coloring..." I trail off. He looks at me and makes his cute little noise. "Black and white it is." I laugh.

"Show name... Collide With the Sky. Do you like that?" I ask. He nods his head. I write it down.

"Okay. Let's give this to Amy." I grin.

He starts fleming.

"C'mon Lou."

After all of the paperwork, I put Louie away and head home.

I walk in and Kelli is gone. There's a note on the counter however.

"Katherine, swing by the studio. I need to talk to you- Billy." I furrow my brows and pick up the note. I teleport to the studio. When the place forms around me, I hear screams behind the building.

A young woman is struggling and sobbing as a man rummages through her purse. I motion for the girl to get down and she does. I blast the man with my energy wall, then tie him up. "Call the police miss." I smile at the girl. She nods, fumbling with her phone. "How did you do that?" She asks. "I'm a superhero." I lie. "Thank you." She whispers and hugs me.

I grin and race off.

When I walk in the studio, I show the guard my pass and walk to Billy's dressing room. He opens the door and pulls me in.

"So. I have an important question. Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks suddenly. "Hmm. Let me think... Yes!" I laugh, hugging him. "Do you want to go on a coffee run?" He asks. "Totally." I grin.

He puts on his coat and we slip out the door.

"So what's new?" He asks. "I'm going to a horse show in Illinois." I smile. "That's great!" He exclaims. We come across a crowd of people that are looking up at a building. A man in balancing on the ledge, getting ready to jump. He jumps and I panic. I freeze him in the air with my mind control. Then I lower him slowly.

He lands softly and everyone crowds him. "Let's go." I whisper to Billy and we run away. "You saved him." He exclaims. "What's a good superhero name?" I ask teasingly. "Call yourself Bionic Crusader." He smirks. "Alright. I'm going to need a costume."

"You're in luck. I know a guy who knows a guy." He laughs.

What am I even doing?!

A/N: I was bored. Kat's now a superhero... What else is new?

Question for you Guys: Where do you live? 🇺🇸

My Answer: Illinois🇺🇸

-AC🐴