Chapter 1

Hey Guys! I'm Katherine but you should call me Kat unless you want me to rip you to shreds. I live in Scotland with my zebra, Louie, and my dog Daisy. I'm your average 17 year old, 5'3", 115 pounds, brown hair, hazel eyes. Pretty typical, except for one thing: My parents ditched me in this stupid orphanage when I was a baby, that and I'm bionic. Life is quite miserable in the orphanage.

Nobody likes Louie or Daisy!

Little did I know, my life was going to change for better or for worse.

One Direction came to our orphanage today! I am really not a fan of them. I mean, their music is fine, but it's the tattoos that i don't like! Anyways, they hung out with us and sang some music. The one boy with the curly hair, I think his name's Harry, had werwolf hair and looked like a bone bag in my opinion.

While they were in the orphanage, I snuck away to find Lou and Daisy. I visited them and raced back to the orphanage. I plonked down on the floor, read my favorite book, The 80 Dollar Champion by Elizabeth Letts, and waited until the boys of One Direction were gone.

The song People Like Us by Kelly Clarkson came on the radio . What? We're orphans, not neanderthals! Suddenly one of the boys, Liam I think, came up to me and started asking me a bunch of questions.

"Hi! I'm Liam! What's your name love?" He asks.

"The name's Berglund. Kat Berglund." I said pulling a James Bond. Yes, we have TV too! What do you think we do? Wash dishes? This is a nice orphanage okay?

"How old are you Kat?" He asked.

"17. Been stuck here since i was a baby"

"Interesting, Interesting, Well it was nice talking to you."

"You too!" I smiled as he walked away. Then I returned back to cramming literature back into my brain.

"Hey Zebra face!" Someone taunted.

I whipped around to see Sander, the jock of the place.

"Can i help you?" I shot back.

"Enjoying your book?" He laughed and grabbed it away from me. I decided on reverse physiology on him to get it back this time.

"Go ahead. Take it." I said in a mono tone. He threw it at me and it hit my face. I used my melekularkinesis to smack him in the face with his football.

Did I mention I was bionic? I did? Well now you know a second time. I have all of the abilities as Adam, Bree, and Chase on lab rats.

"Hey Sander! How do you like me now?" I taunted. He looked at me funny and ran away. Success! Yet again!

"Katherine come to the office." The loudspeaker thundered.

I walked down to the office.

"What do you want?" I asked.

They always had me get interviewed by families that would never take me home.

"Miss Berglund. Meet your new family!" The director, Miss Honey smiled. There in front of me was One Direction.

"A Ca Awkward." Louis joked after an immense amount of awkward silence.

"Are you guys really adopting me?" I asked.

"Yep!" They grinned.

"Oh. Then let me go grab my things and I'll meet you out front" I said and went to get my things. I packed my bags and ran out to the stable where I grabbed Lou and Daisy and walked them out front.

And by the looks on the boy's face, I knew my chances of getting adopted were over.

"Ta da!" I said quietly.