Chapter 7

"Ready to go?" Amanda asked. "Yep!" I smiled. "Good! I hope you don't mind, but my daughter Zoe is coming with us." She smiled. "Hey!" Zoe giggled and came out from behind Mandy. "Hi! You didn't tell me that Amanda is your mom!" I hugged her. "Oh. Well, SURPRISE!" She laughed.

"Let's hit the tack shop! I'll take you to the used tack shop first and see if they have anything good, then we can go to the regular tack store." Manda smiled and we piled in the car. "Okay. Since you don't own any tack, We're going to have to start from scratch. I have a saddle you can use until we can get you one. But is Louie broke to the bit?" She asked. "I don't know if he's ever had a bit in his mouth! He came from an abandoned circus, and i certainly didn't have a bridle. I think he just knows what a Comanche strap is." I explained.

"That's fine! I've got a bridle you can use!" She parked the car and turned to me. "Okay. So the list is, boots, breeches, saddle pad, boots for the zebra, ears, grooming supplies, i'll think of whatever else you need. I also trust Liam or your sister will take you shopping for shirts. Sound good?" She asked. "Alright!" I squeaked, not knowing what to expect.

Zoe ripped me along to the saddle pads.

"Okay. So you have to pick a main color and stick with it." She told me. I nodded. "Hi! Can i help you girls?" A middle aged lady asked. "Yes, what color do you think would look good on this zebra?" I asked and showed her a picture of Louie. "Oh. Well. I wouldn't go with anything white, that's for sure. It'll blend in. So, How about black with purple trim?" She asked. "That's a great idea! Thank you!" I smiled. "No problem!" She walked away.

I got a black and purple saddle pad, ears, boots, and a grooming caddy. I got all the brushes, treats and extras. Now, i had to find boots.

There were so many kinds. Amy finally settled on a pair to bring out. The box said Ariat with a few different horse shoes.

I tried them on and looked in the mirror. I didn't really like them because the didn't have any shape. "Wait. I have a pair on the sale rack that might work!" The lady smiled. This box was just plain white. "These are Bevals. Try these on." She handed the first boot to me. It was very tight, but it fit. "How do they feel?" She asked. "Tight." I replied and everyone laughed. "They'll stretch out. Good news is, the are the last ones in this tack store, so they are sale. 900 dollar boots for 300 dollars." She told me. "That much of a discount?" Amy's jaw dropped. "Yep!" The lady nodded. "Thank you. We'll take them!" Amy smiled.

Then, i got a pair of really cheap paddock boots and half chaps.

Of course Zoe dragged me to the breeches now. They were on sale for buy 2 get one free. Cool. She made me go stand and wait while she brought in pairs for me to try on. "Now you are the same size as me in regular clothes, so i got you the size i wear. Try these on." Zoe threw a pair of stark white breeches at me. I put them on and they fit pretty well. I walked out and showed her. "Perfect! She smiled.

We must've spent 1 hour trying on breeches and show clothes. Once i had everything, we checked out, using the credit card Liam gave me. He told me whatever amount was fine. I guess it's the perks of being rich?

I still feel guilty though. :(

----

"Ready to go?" Liam asked. "Yep!" I smiled and zipped up my suitcase.

Today was the day we are starting the Take Me Home tour. I was nervous and so were the boys! "Alright. We start in Chicago!" He smiled and tossed my bags into the trunk. "Ready to go little Payne?" Louis asked me. "I guess." I sighed. This sucked! I had to leave Louie!

"You miss the zebra don't you." Zayn asked. "Yeah. I've never left him alone before for more than 24 hours. I'm worried!" I sighed. "Calm down! He's just a zebra!" Harry snapped. I fired my laser vision at him and it singed off a lock of his hair.

He's been so moody lately! I don't even know why! "Harry! What is up with you?!? You are so moody! And you don't want to be moody around the girl who is capable of taking out the city of Chicago in under an 5 minutes!" Liam cried. "It's true! One glitch and everything in a 500 mile radius is gone!" I shrugged. "Then why'd you adopt someone so dangerous?" Harry asked. "Because I love her. And she's my little sister now!" Liam smiled. I kissed his cheek. "Well, she is a threat to our lives. I say we call the government now and get it over with. Here. I have the presidents number." He said shoving the phone at Liam. I was shaking and my heart was beating about 100 miles a minute.

"No." Liam snapped. "Fine! I'll do it myself." Harry pressed the call button. "Hello Harry!" A deep voice answered. "Hey! So i have a problem. There's a bionic kid that my friend Liam adopted." Harry said. Liam held me really close to him. "Really? I'd love to meet her! When will you be in town?" The president asked. "I don't know. I'll have to ask our manager. Bye now!" Harry told him and hung up. Liam shot across the car and started strangling Harry. "DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID?!? YOU CALLED THE F****** GOVERNMENT ON MY BIONIC CHILD!! MY CHILD!! HARRY! GOD D*****!!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU COULD'VE DONE?!?" He screamed.

Louis was fighting back giggles. "Liam never swears!" He whispered. I just nodded. All this was getting to be too much. I my mind soon went completely blank.

I was slung back in to reality. Everyone in the car was staring at me. "What?" I asked. "You were talking in a very deep voice and threatening all of us. You also smacked Harry a good one when he threatened you." Zayn' voice shook. "Ahh. My Adar app. See, when Mr. Barry accidentally implanted my chip, he had installed an app that makes me a fearless brute called Adar. That means fire in, I don't know. But it triggers when i feel threatened. It's a glitch of mine." I told them.

"I'm so sorry Adar! Please don't kill me!" Harry begged. I decided to have a little fun with him. "Maybe i won't if you be my personal servant the rest of the week." I said in a low growl. "Okay! Okay! Anything! I'll do anythi- Kat! You aren't Adar anymore!" He complained. I growled like Adar would. He squealed like a little girl. "Okay Styles. You got me. Also. Something's bothering you. What's up?" I asked.

"Well, I don't actually know. I haven't been able to talk to my mum for a while and it's been putting me in a funk!" He frowned. "Aw. Hazza misses his mum? Come here." I hugged him and he cried. The boys just stared at me. I know how to crack any person. And no, it's not because I'm bionic! How dare you judge me!

But I had an idea.

----

"Liam!! Can we fly Harry's mum out so Harry isn't so moody?" I asked Liam when we had landed in Chicago. "I think that's a great idea!" He grinned. "Awesome! I'll call her now!" i smiled.

"Wait. We need to bust into Harry's phone to get her number! But he keeps a passcode on it!" Liam sighed. "Hello? Smartest girl on the planet! I can hack into any computer, mind, phone, Etc!" I said as if it wasn't obvious. "That's not creepy." He teased. I rolled my eyes and walked into the bunk room where Harry was sleeping. His phone was on his chest. I neatly plucked it off and imported his mom's number onto mine in a few seconds. I have super speed! Then i locked it and placed it back where it was. "Mission accomplished." I smiled to myself.

I dialed the number. "Hello?" Anne asked. "Hi. Is this Harry's mum?" I asked. "Yes. may I ask who's calling?" She asked. "Well, I'm Kat. Liam's adopted "daughter"." I answered. "Oh hi! What can I do for you sweetie?" I could here happiness in her voice. "Well, Harry misses you horribly. Liam and I were wondering if we could fly you out here to see him?" I asked. "I'd love to! Thank you so much!" She squealed. "You're welcome! I'll text you the details! Don't tell Harry!" I grinned. "Okay! I won't! Thank you again!" She hung up.

Well, that worked out better than i expected!!

A/N: Oxygen and Magnesium! (OMG) I haven't updated in FOREVER! I'm so sorry guys! But thanks for the +1k reads, 10 votes, and 10 comments! I love you!!

-AC🐴