EPILOGUE

It had been a few months since Kat had spoken to Ace

It had been a few months since Kat had spoken to Ace. After the day they found the kid's body, she couldn't stand the sight of him. But she couldn't deny her heart that she did miss him. Missed his touch. Missed his kiss. Missed his smirk. Missed his voice. Missed everything about him. But her head wouldn't allow her to fall for him again, but it was all her fragile heart wanted to do.

Sammy had somehow persuaded her friend to go shopping with her. She was wearing a red blouse tucked into a pair of rolled up black jeans that fitted her figure nicely and a pair of white sneakers. She let my brown curls flow freely down her shoulders and back. Sammy was wearing the white over the shoulder top that she borrowed from Kat tucked into pink high waisted shorts with pink flats.

The sun beamed down on the two girls as they strolled down the burning streets of Castle Rock. Kat placed her red rockabilly cat eye sunglasses over her squinting eyes and Sammy placed her pink flyaway sunglasses over her own eyes. Kat laughed as she realises that they both do the action simultaneously. Sam giggles and throws her arm over her shoulder.

"Kat?" The girls heard a voice from behind them.

She turns around and is met with sorrowful blue eyes and dishevelled blonde hair. "Ace," Kat stated with her chin held up. Her tone signified that seeing him didn't affect her, but it did. She just wanted to run into his arms and kiss him. To hold him. To be back with him.

"Kat, please forgive me, I was angry, please take me back, I'm a mess!" Ace pleaded as he approached the girls. He went to reach for Kat's hand but stopped. "Please, I need you, sugar."

"Ace.." Kat whispered with a sigh. "I forgive you, but on one condition."

"Anything!"

"I want you to leave those four boys alone, especially Gordie and Chris. And I want you to go apologise to them."

"I will-" Kat cut Ace off with a held up finger.

"Now, please." The brunette girls smiled innocently as Eyeball snickered.

"I don't know what you're laughing about, you'll be doing the same," Samantha smirked to her boyfriend whose mouth is hanging open is annoyance.

——

Samantha, Eye, Ace and Kat walked into an open field where a single tree with a treehouse placed in it was situated.

"Excuse me, boys, do you mind coming down here for a second?" Kat politely shouted up to the wooden house as the other three stayed back a little.

"Who is it?" they heard a voice shout back to them.

"It's Kat. You know, I saved Chris and Gordie from Ace a few months ago from a cigarette burn." Kat explained as she sent Ace a squinted look towards the end. "You're both gonna apologise for that as well," she added quietly, her gaze fixed on the two men whose hands were stuffed into the jean pockets. They nodded without saying a word.