TWO

"You know you should start picking on someone your own size, stud

"You know you should start picking on someone your own size, stud."

Ket seethed threw her teeth, roughly pushing the blonde man off of Christopher.

Kat grabbed Chris' arm, hauling him up from his position on the ground, while Ace remained on sitting on the cement, glaring at the back of Kat's head. 

However, his glare softened when Kat turned her head back to face him, somewhat surprised as he was expecting to be met with some middle-age broad. But instead, his eyes were locked on a pair of young, hazel ones. Hazel eyes framed with long dark lashes. A perfectly sculptured face. Delicate freckles that danced across her nose and cheeks. Wavy brown hair pulled back into a high ponytail, held up with a simple white ribbon to match the white belt around her waist. 

Ace was speechless. This random girl has left him breathless. But he soon recovered, remembering he needed to keep up his reputation in the presence of a fellow Cobra. Plus his 'faggot brother and his friend'. 

"Hey, are you ok?" Kat asked Chris. Of course, he was too scared or exhausted to answer, so settled on a simple nod.

"Aw, is big ol' Acey being beaten up a girl?" Eyeball teased with a cackle. With a glare from both Kat and Ace, Eyeball closed his mouth. However, his gaze was fixed on Kat. If looks could kill, the teasing punk would be six feet under. Gulping silently, Ace and Eyeball shared a quick glance before staring at the brunette once again. 

Rolling her eyes, she turned back to Chris and Gordie, checking the two were unharmed and giving a quick apology to the darker haired boy for pushing him before. 

"You're nothing but a dumb punk - both of you - get your act together and stop messing with kids," Kat lectured, staring down the two young men. 

That seemed to draw Ace out of his small trance. 

"Hey, hey, hey that's not a very nice thing to say, especially to a stranger," he smirked, pushing himself up from the ground.

"You're just like a dog. Sniffing around for trouble. Well I won't stand for it, these boys are innocent, you two you should know better especially since one of them is your brother!" She pointed at Eye for the last part, but the blonde man knew most of it was directed at him.

"Hey! You don't know us, so stop accusing of us of stuff you don't know, you stupid broad!" Eyeball yelled, shrugging off the effects of her lectures. After hearing that, Kat glowed red.

"How dare you!!" She yelled at Eyeball. "First, you attack a kid," she glared at Ace. "Then you demean a female for accusing out of something you clearly did!"

"Eye. Hold it," Ace mutter to him, keeping his gaze on Kat. He stepped closer to her, his tall stature towering over her smaller frame. She stepped back, joining the two younger boys behind her. Smirking, Ace clearly knew he was gaining the upper hand in this situation.

"Why don't you relax a little, doll?"

Kat's breathe caught in her throat, as Ace grew closer.

"Piss off faggots," Ace whispered to Chris and Gordie, his gaze not wavering from the fiery girl. They walked - ran - away. Although, Chris gave the girl a hesitant look almost to say thank you or trying to save her from the two gang members. She was nothing but a deer caught in headlights. Ace stepped even closer, his breath fanned her angelic face. "What's your name, beautiful?"

Her face flushed red, unsure whether it was from anger, embarrassment or flattery. 

"Wouldn't you like to know," She muttered whilst looking away from me in repugnance.

"I wouldn't ask if I didn't, now would I?," Ace countered, placing his index finger under her chin, tilting her head to lock her hazel eyes with my blue ones.

"Kat. Katherine Summers, it's a pleasure to meet you," She puffed out, clearly being sarcastic.

"Ace. Ace Merrill, the pleasure's all mine," I smirked.

"Charmed," Kat revealed a tight-lipped smile, hoping to step away as soon as possible. 

Ace's cocky smirk turned into a frown. She was tough. But he soon regained his controlled demeanour.

"Why don't we go out tonight, sweetheart?"