ONE

"HEY, GIRLS, WHERE YOU GOING?" 

That was what Kat heard as she walked to the corner of the sidewalk.

Rolling her hazel eyes, thinking of the desperate hooligans attempting to flirt with the 'good girls' of Castle Rock. The keyword being 'attempting'. 

No matter how hard those punks tried to win the hearts of multiple girls of the town, they failed because everyone knew of their reputation. And everyone definitely knew better than to mess with the likes of a rascal.

"Hey, come on man, my brother gave me that," A slightly higher pitched male voice exclaimed. Kat's brows raised as she eavesdropped in on the conversation.

"And now you've given it to me," A new, deeper voice dismissed in a mocking tone. Kat scoffed, if there's anything worse than a bully, it's an unjust bully. Her pace quickened as she rounded the corner.

"You're a real asshole, you know that?" Another voice exclaimed, another young boy. The boy in question had near to no hair, but was nonetheless blonde, wearing a white shirt, blue jeans with the ends rolled up with white socks and black converse. He also had a sleeping bag and little camping equipment. 

With furrowed brows, Kat thought 'There are not many places to go camping in Castle Rock. Plus it's the '50s, and he's around 12, where can you go?!'

"You're brother's not very polite, Eyeball."

"Now Christopher. I know you didn't mean to insult my friend," I could just hear the mock and anger in Eyeball's tone. I could now clearly see Eyeball was very tall and broad and brunette. He was wearing a white shirt under a sleeveless demon jacket-clad in blue denim jeans and sneakers.

"I know he didn't mean to insult me. That's why I'm gonna give him the opportunity to take it back." A bleach blonde man said, menacingly to Christopher. This man was tall and lean, wearing a black shirt and black jeans and black sneakers. It was a miracle he hasn't fainted wearing all black on such a hot summers day.

The blonde man tackled Christopher to the ground, nudging a lot cigarette into his struggling face, ordering of the younger boy to 'take it back'.

Kat rushed over, accidentally shoving a boy in a red striped shirt tucked into high waisted wash-blue jeans out of the way. Kneeling down, she tucked her pale yellow dress under her knees. The fawn haired girl plucked the cigarette out of the calloused hand of the man. She stood up, dropping the burning cancer stick to the ground before stomping the life out it.

"You know you should start picking on someone your own size, stud."