FIVE

Borrowing one of Sam's many bright dresses, Kat chose a simple red sheath dress with a dark maroon sash wrapped tightly around her petite waist

After a lot of persuading, Sam convinced Kat to let her to the girl's makeup, agreeing on a natural look.

She unlaced Kat's hair from her highly curled ponytail and left it loose around her shoulders. 

Having last-minute doubts, Kat begged Sam to join her. Her reasoning being it would be less suspicious if the two girls left together, and also, she would feel more comfortable with her closest friend there.

After Sam quickly changed into a more presentable dress, according to her, the two girls made their way down the stairs. 

"Hey mom, hey dad, me and Katherine are going to the movies, we'll be back before midnight."

"Why do you need to dress like you're going to the red carpet when you're just going to watch a movie", asked Robert, suspiciously, taking a quick glance at the two girls before turning his attention back to the television.

Sharing a nervous glance, Kat and Sam scanned each other's outfits, before Sam turned back to her father.

"Katherine split her drink on her dress, so I let her borrow this one. This one's her favourite," She lied easily.

"Okay girls, enjoy the movie! Ooh, let Johnny drive you! Johnny!" Lilian shouted from the kitchen.

Johnny ran down the stairs with urgency. However, he stopped short when he caught sight of the fawn-haired girl he had befriended at a young age.

"Wow," he whispered, gawking at Kat.

Sam furrowed her brows in disgust as she stared at her elder brother.

"Mother wants you to drop us off at the cinema," Sam raised her brows at her brother, silently instructing him to go along with the lie. 

"Righto," Johnny nodded, grabbing his jacket and key from the hallway. "Ready?" The elder Harrison sibling weakly smiled down at the two girls, his gaze lingering on Kat.

Sam and Kat grinned and nodded. Johnny ushered the two girls out of the house, but before Kat left, she turned back to the two parents.

"Bye Harrisons. Is it alright if you could possibly ring my parents just to let them know where I am and is it okay if I stay over tonight until morning?" Kat requested.

"Of course Katherine, you're always welcome here, Lilian, will you ring Susan and Geoff once the girls leave?" Robert Harrison exclaimed.

Giving the correct directions to Johnny, the three friends saw Ace having a heated argument with Eyeball.

"Be safe girls, I'll pick you up at 11 here, alright, no later, got it?" Johnny sternly said, not taking his glare from the two young men outside the bar.

"Whatever, Johnno, see ya later, bye now," Samantha playfully countered, stepping out of the car.

"Bye Johnno," Kat called as she stepped out of the car, however, Johnny grabbed her arm gently before she could leave. 

"Please be careful, believe it or not, I care about you," 

"I know you do, Johnno," Kat smiled, slipping out of the vehicle once Johnny let go of her.

The two girls approached the duo. Eyeball spotted Kat and rolled his eyes. But his expression changed from annoyance to awestruck when he caught a glimpse of Sam.

Ace turned around once he saw Eyeball wasn't paying attention to his squabbling. Once he saw Kat, his expression softened. Ace turned back to Eyeball and slapped his chest enthusiastically to show his excitement.

He walked up to the two girls, not taking his eyes from Kat's. Whispering, "Who's your friend, I think Eyeball was his eye on her?" Samantha heard and blushed while sneakily stealing glances of Eyeball. 

"Ace, this is Sam Harrison, Sammy this is Ace Merrill," Kat introduced, "and that is Eyeball, go say hello," She spoke to her like a mother to a child.

She walked away from the couple and over the Eyeball, leaving Kat and Ace alone. 

"I'm surprised you came," Ace said.

"I guess I'm full of surprises," 

He smirked while slipping an arm around my waist.

"Well, I'm glad we both showed up because I'm sure I'd regret a sight like this," He flirted flawlessly.

Kat blushed, "Well, that makes both of us, Merrill." Kat looked him up and down, he was wearing black jeans with a white shirt complemented with a denim jacket. He looked very dapper.

Ace did the same with Kat, looking her up and down with a proud smirk.

Kat looked over Ace's shoulder at Sam and Eyeball, seeing them flirting and giggling. Ace followed her gaze and rolled his eyes.

He threw his arm around Kat's shoulder and pulled her closer to his side. 

"Hey, lovebirds, how about we all go to the Blue Point Diner?" Ace shouted to Sam and Eye. "Get some food, how about that, sweetheart?" The blonde man directed the last question to Kat, softening his tone. 

Walking in the diner with Ace by her side, Kat's anxiety rose as the ruckus from the bar increased and increased with every step.

Kat nervously smiled up at Ace. "Yeah, of course,"