5. Zouis

Zouis

Leaning against the door post Louis watched the two people he loved most in the world with a fond smile. Never did he dare to dream that he could be this happy and at peace in life. Yet here he was being in a relationship with the love of his life and having a family. Fully aware that he was damn lucky. Not many people had what he had, especially at his age. It made him very thankful for the day 6 years ago that he auditioned for X Factor. If he hadn't, he wouldn't have met his best friends and his husband. He wouldn't have the chance to travel the world and doing what he loved most, sing. Nor would he have the money to buy this amazing home. But most of all he wouldn't have had his precious little girl. The little girl that Zayn was playing with right now, in the sandbox with in their garden right.

Ironically they had been all but happy when they had found her on the doorstep of their apartment, now almost 3 years ago. Wrapped in a blanket, a bag with supplies next to her and a note. The little girl mother claimed in the not that Zayn was the father of her daughter Aalia. Which they both knew was impossible since he and the Bradford boy already had been dating for 2 years already. And he trusted his boyfriend, so he didn't doubt his loyalty. The girl further wrote in the note that she couldn't handle dealing with the baby anymore. The crying drove her crazy, so she found that Zayn should take care of her now.

Stunned and with no other option at that moment, they took the baby in and contacted Simon. He suggested that the did take a DNA test, just for the formality as he would let some people do a background search on the mother. The days following were very unreal. All the sudden they had this small human being depending on them to take care of her. It was very surreal and both of them were freaking out a little. But after the first days the got in a pattern, they had standard time to feed her and she luckily had a pretty regular sleeping pattern and even slept for most of the night, something they were very thankful for. All and all she just was a very easy baby to take care of and he found himself growing fond of her very quickly. She was just adorable and when she looked up at him with her chocolate brown eyes as he fed her, his heart melted. He even found himself starting to dread the day she would have to go back.

It took a week and half before Simon contacted them again. He told them what they had already known, Zayn wasn't Aalia's biological father. But then he shocked them by giving them the news that Mia, the girl's mother had taken her own life not long after leaving the girl at their doorstep. That's why it had taken so long to get information. Especially since Mia's parents had refused to talk to them or answer questions about their daughter or granddaughter. It wasn't until after the funeral they had finally decided to talk. Telling them that their daughter had been suffering from Postpartum Depression and that there wasn't a father in the picture since he made it very clear he wanted nothing to do with them or the child. Apparently neither did the grandparents as Simon told them that they had started about adoption as soon as his people mention little Aalia.

Louis had looked at Zayn in horror at that. Why would they give up such a precious little girl? They had already grown attached to her after this short while and he himself had already trouble with they idea of giving Aalia back to her mother. But to give her to her grandparents, who would than give her up for adoption, that made his heart grow cold. So they told Simon they needed time to think, to let everything sink in before making a decision. Simon who knew the grandparents were in no hurry to get Aalia back, respected that and left them with an very difficult decision to make.

For a while they just sat there, letting their brains take in all the information they just heard. Both dazed that Aalia didn't have any parents now. Only grandparents that didn't even want her.

It was him who broke the silence, he couldn't lie as he told Zayn his heart told them to keep her. Of course he was well aware of the consequences and the responsibility it would bring. Zayn had been more hesitant, worrying about how they could combine taking care of Aalia as well as preforming and touring. Of course Liam had a child too, but he had Danielle at home taking care of their little one year old when he was gone. They didn't have that, but maybe they could take her with them. Lou did that with Lux when she was little a lot too.

In the end they ended up talking and consulting with the other lads and Simon a lot. They had to agree of having Aalia around them too. In the end they came came to the conclusion that there was no way they could give up what they already started to see as their little girl.

So they called Simon and he brought them in contact with someone who helped them with the adoption, to which the grandparents luckily didn't object. To thank them, they also put in the papers that they could see their granddaughter if they wanted to, but of course couldn't lay a claim on it anymore.

Fast forward three years and here he was, living in this wonderful home on the outside of London. Married to the man of his dreams and having the most amazing little toddler as daughter.

“Daddy come pway” Aalia yelled, giggling.

"Yes come on daddy, join us” Zayn said, holding out his hand to him. Shaking his head, he smiled and walked over. Letting himself be wrapped in Zayn's secure arms as the younger man kissed his cheek.

“You want cake daddy?”Aalia asked, holding out a little bowl with sand.

He smiled at her. “I would love to sweetheart.” As he took the bowl from her and pretend to eat it. “Mmm, this is delicious. What kind of cake is it?”

The girl's face lit up. “Choco daddy.” He should have known, the girl loved chocolate if not addicted. He blamed Zayn for that one.

“Can I get a bit too” Zayn asked.

“Course papa” she said, getting a little bowl ready for him to.

“And you have to take some cake too princess” Zayn told her as he handed him the bowl.

But she shook her head, instead started moving around the sandbox. Her brown pigtails bouncing as she moved. He loved her hair, it was brown but darker than his own. It was a color he imagined a child of Zayn and him would have and he really liked that idea. It made her look so much like theirs. And if they ever started to adopt a second he kind of hopped they would be lucky enough to find a child that had that too.

“Hey were are you with your thoughts?” Zayn whispered in his ear.

“Our family” he answered, smiling.

“That so?” He nodded. “Well what do you think about expanding the family.”

He jerked his head around. “What?”

“I want another on babe. I want our family to grow.” Seeing the sincerity in Zayn's dark eyes, he found himself unable to deny the wish so he just smiled and nodded. “Me too.”A grin spread on the younger his face. “I love you” he whispered,

“And I love you Zayn Tomlinson-Malik.”

********************

Yes Tomlinson-Malik. To me that sounded the best of the two options :)

Let me know what y'all think, please! It would mean alot :)