Chapter Nine: The Proposal That Shocked the Universe

As I was preparing for my journey, I kept thinking about what life is like where he was born. I knew that going to his home planet was going cause a bit of a problem for those who are not particularly nice to vampires. I didn't really care, I just wanted to see the man that I love. For some time, I've been trying to develop a way for me to appear demon like the same way I made a necklace that helped disguise me as a human.

I finished it and it worked. I tested it out before I left that same evening. Nala and my brothers helped me when I was testing it to make sure I appeared and was sensed as a demon. I put the demon essence in the stone of one of the rings I have with a blue stone. I picked blue because it's Javier's favorite color. That ring was made to fit onto my middle finger.

I finished packing up. But before I could leave, I had to do this ritual for my people to rise my parents from their graves with the use of my blood. My grandparents made me dress in these weird clothes that made me look like an ancient goddess. Of course, I had to wear ancient jewelry, a crown and had ancient markings on my body. These markings reminded me of henna. This happened on an evening that was known as the Blood Moon. That's when the moon turns red as the blood that we indulge ourselves with, as red as our eyes turned when we were feasting upon another's blood. I'm supposed to do it because I'm the heir to the throne and everyone needed to see the next ruler on this night of blood.

When the time came, many people were cheering and chanting for me to come out and do the ritual. I walked out onto the burial grounds where my parents were buried and their coffins were upon a stone table that was raised high so everyone could see this moment. I walked up the stairs and stopped when I reached the middle of their coffins.

I raised my arms in at the height of my shoulders and my people cheered louder for me. I nodded my head and four soldiers took off the top of both the coffins, put it under them and went towards the back so that I'd be protected. I bit both of my wrists so that the blood would come flowing out of my veins. I put my arms under both of my parents' mouths and it touched their lips. While I was doing this the entire planet was chanting an ancient hymn and I was doing it along with them.

Once the blood on my veins reached into their throats, they started to breathe and open their eyes. I put down my arms and the place where I bit my wrists were healed. They both sat up and looked around. They got out of their coffins, hugged me tightly and I hugged them back just the same. The crowd of people cheered and kept saying, "Long Live the Princess!!"

We all returned home together and I changed out of those ancient clothes and jewelry. I brought my bag downstairs and explained to my parents, "I have business to attend to for a few days. I'll be back, in time for us all to catch up with each other. Although, I'm pretty sure that you already know what's going on." My mom was sad but she understood. My dad knew as well and hoped that I'd be safe and will return back soon.

I walked out with my bag and vanished onto Javier's home planet. I put the ring on and everyone thought that I was just another demon among them. I smiled and walked to the palace which was very dark and depressing as I've read from Javier's letters. I reached the gates and the guards wouldn't let me through. I explained to them that I was asked to come there. They didn't believe me but then Javier saw me and told the guards, "Let her through, I asked her to come here." They nodded at him and let me through the gates. I wanted to hug him but I knew that I couldn't do that in public.

He walked me through the entire palace and he gave me a room to sleep in. He asked me "How did no one detect you being a vampire?" I said to him, "I made this ring and it lets me hide my essence so that no one would be uncomfortable around me. I missed you." We then hugged while we had some privacy. He whispered in my ear, "I missed you so much." I smiled but then there was a knock at my door.