Chapter Seven: Living a Double Life

During breakfast I kept thinking about my fifthteenth birthday, I didn't know if I was even going to have a party this year or not. Then again, seeing as how according to everyone except my grandmother this is my first birthday back home with my family. So maybe I will but how big this party will be is what worries me the most. I finished breakfast and went downstairs into the training area to meet up with Javier for our training session.

While he helped me stretch out he kept asking me what was on my mind, I kept dodging that question but eventually, he broke me down. I said to him, "I'm just thinking about my birthday. That's all." He said "Oh, I never really cared for my birthday. To me, it's just another day." I said, "Oh. I'm not surprised at that, I remember once when I was younger that when it was your birthday, my grandma would give you something in a box but you didn't open it until you were alone. You were always protecting us even on that day, which made me sad. That reminds me, every birthday I've had that I can remember I always saw you. You would always just stand by yourself somewhere and not even do anything. I saw that girls would walk up to you and try to talk to you but you would just stand there not saying a word, which made them feel ignored and made them think you were rude."

He said, "I did that because I wasn't interested in talking to anyone. Except a few years ago, I was just standing and this mysterious girl just talked to me and she made me want to start talking more to people. Not to mention, she even made me dance with her. I never knew her name though but, she came every year for the past six years and after the second year I'd always wait for her to come." I looked a little shocked but I knew who he was talking about. It was me, I came home every year for my birthday and I'd always catch a glimpse or so of him during that time. For the past four years, we went outside to talk because I knew how he felt about being in a room full of people he didn't know let alone didn't feel comfortable with.

The reason he didn't know it was me was because every party was a masquerade party. Nala and I loved that theme, mainly because we get to be more than what we were and it helped make people feel more comfortable around others who did or didn't have a title. I also did some kind of a cloaking spell on myself so no one would know who I was. I was taught this spell by my grandma so that no one would suspect that I was home. I also missed talking to the guy who stole my heart without my mother looking over my shoulder and pressuring me into meeting and socializing with noble sons, kings, and princes. It was very hard to persuade him into getting him to talk to me but, I kept talking to him until he said something. Even if it was rude.

Aside from that, he then said, "You said you have a plan so that everyone's happy, what is it?" I said, "Well, the way I see it is that I date him and you at the same time." He looked at me confused, stopped stretching me out and said, "I'm not following, what you are saying is that you'll date both of us at the same time?" I said, "Yup but here's how I see it working. I'll date him during the day because that's the time my mom will be watching us and of course I don't even like him and I can tell that he'll do horrible things to me if I ever did marry him or just date him. I'll date you at night as we planned but of course, we'll have to be even more careful about how we sneak around."

He contemplated this for a little bit then I saw that he understood me. He said, "Okay, let's try it and see how it works out." I smiled at him and he smiled back at me. He then said after he cleared his throat, "Ok, let's get to working on your fighting stance. Come on, let's go." He grabbed my hand to help me up and then he worked me out so hard that I kept running out of breath after every exercise and every activity he gave me. After we were done, working hard for over 12 hours, he hugged me even though I was extremely sweaty and practically out of breath. As hot as I was against his blazing hot body, I didn't want to let him go. Once we were done hugging, we went to go shower off.