The Rooms

"Here we are!" Ray announced. They'd arrived at the rooms. "How do we know whose room is whose?" asked Olivia. "It doesn't really matter, but here you go." Ray waved his hand and their names appeared on the doors.

Their names were decorated to fit their personalities. Olivia's was decorated with LOLs and smiley faces. There was a smiling mask hanging from the doorknob. She seemed happy about it, so she just went right into her room. Lauren's had birds on it that were flying through the clouds. Below her name there was a pair of binoculars hanging by the strap from a hook. The door must've represented her bird watching hobby. Hannah's was decorated with different jewelry. Her letters had built in jewelry holders. The H already had a necklace hanging on it. Amadeus's room wasn't by the girls, so they didn't see what his name looked like or if his name was even on the door. Mikaela's name had blue glitter on it with pink rhinestones accenting it. Under her name was a bookshelf with spell books on it.

Everyone went into their rooms. Mikaela decided to go see Hannah.

When she entered the room, Hannah was sitting on the bed. Her bed had a silky purple bedspread with matching silky pillows. "How come you have a silk bedspread?"

"I wished for it."

"What?" Mikaela asked.

"If you are thinking of something and wish for it, it comes to you."

"So if I wish for something right now it will come to me?"

"Not in here. It only works in your own room." explained Hannah.

"Oh, ok." Mikaela wasn't sure how Hannah knew all of this, considering they just got their rooms.

Hannah must've realized that that wasn't the reason Mikaela came into her room. "So, what's up?" she asked "I have a question," Mikaela said. "Do you see the creatures too?"

"I thought you could." Hannah said.

"How?"

"Your expressions. You weren't just seeing horses like the others. Your eyes saw through the fog that disguises the creatures from what they really are." explained Hannah. Mikaela wondered if Hannah could see the dark half. She decided it would just be better to ask Ray about that.

She went back to her room to try to wish for something. She tried something simple first.

"I wish for a pink hairbrush." she thought. One appeared on her dresser. Satisfied that it worked, she attempted a wish for something bigger.

"I wish for an entirely new wardrobe." she said aloud. When she opened the closet, everything in it was dresses and shirts. It was all her favorite colors and everything was decorated with glitter and rhinestones. Just her style.

She went over to the dresser and opened the drawers. She had everything she would need, from shorts to skirts to jeggings.

"There's no pajamas." she realized. Mikaela heard a buzz and whirled around. There was now drawers built into her bed. She was getting a hang of the "wish-for-it" magic and decided to see if anyone else had figured out how it works besides her and Hannah.

Mikaela went to Lauren's room first because it was right next to hers. When she knocked, no one answered so she just skipped to Olivia's.

She heard her through the door and went in. She realized she heard Olivia through the door because she was yelling at Amadeus.

"Give it back!" she screamed. He had her phone and was holding it just out of Olivia's reach. "Why should I? You took my iPod!" Mikaela spotted the iPod on Olivia's dresser and grabbed it.

"Here, now give me the phone." Mikaela handed the iPod to Amadeus. He gave Mikaela the phone and hesitated a second before leaving. "Now, what do you say?" Mikaela asked Olivia. "Thanks." Olivia snatched her phone from Mikaela.

"Your room's plain." she told Olivia. Mikaela opened the closet, revealing an empty space.

"And yours isn't?" Olivia said. "Well, I have clothes at least." she shot back. "Who brought you clothes?" Olivia asked. "No one, I wished for them."

She realized Olivia hadn't discovered that she could wish for stuff yet. "Very funny." said Olivia. "Try it." Olivia closed her eyes.

When she opened them the closet was full of clothes to fit her style. "See?" and then Mikaela left.