The Necklace

When Mikaela and Hannah entered the other room everyone was over at the jewelry counter, Amadeus included. "Hey guys!" Mikaela shouted. "Why are you over here?" Hannah asked Amadeus. "Because I wanted to buy myself a pair of earrings." They all stared at him. "Oh my gosh, it was sarcasm!" They all knew this, and began to laugh. Mikaela realized Hannah didn't have the dress. "Hannah, where did you put the dress?" Hannah ran into the other room and Mikaela knew she'd forgotten to grab it.

Mikaela went to take a step toward the jewelry counter when something caught her eye. It was like someone had shined a rainbow flashlight in her face. There were no windows in this room so it couldn't have been the sun. "Did anybody else see that?" "See what?" asked Olivia. "Never mind." She saw it again, but only out of the corner of her eye.

Mikaela noticed a loose stone near the bottom of the wall. She started towards it. "Where are you going?" asked Lauren. "Just over here." She knelt down and lifted the stone free. Underneath it was the most beautiful, colorful necklace she had ever seen. The charm was a peace sign and she knew she had to have it.

She took it from its nook in the wall and brought it back over to the group. "Where did you get that?" Lauren asked, sounding alarmed. "Over there." she pointed. "Why does it matter?" asked Olivia. "It matters because it's dangerous." "How?" asked Amadeus. "There's an old legend. It's that whoever wears the necklace can't take it off. Their body and soul are taken over by the force that lives in the necklace, but there is two forces. A good force and a bad one. Well the forces are actually spirits."

"How are there spirits in this necklace?" asked Mikaela. "The spirits were captured over a thousand years ago by a magician said to be named Jason. He was trying to capture a demon with his sister's necklace. He didn't know that whoever owned it at the time of use would be captured too. Jason figured this out when it was too late. So, he succeeded in capturing the demon, but it didn't happen how he had planned it to."

" That is so not true." said Olivia. "True or not, put it back because it sounds dangerous." responded Amadeus. "But it's so pretty!" Mikaela told them.

Olivia took it off of her and Mikaela didn't refuse, thinking Olivia was going to put it back. That's apparently not what she had in mind. That's when Hannah walked into the room. Olivia rushed over to her and everyone was so thrown off by the turn of events, no one had time to object.

"Hannah, this would be perfect for you!" And she slipped it onto her neck.