Stargazing in a hammock-Ralph Dibny

Alright HammyFlash, I've got another Ralph Dibny story for you. I hope you like it and if anyone else does, please let me know. Don't forget to comment some requests on the first page either, I enjoy requests, they give me ideas when I have writers block. Now onto the story...

Imagine your boyfriend Ralph has been very distant lately. You've tried to make your relationship work but you feel like you're the only one actually trying.

You threw your phone at your bed, tired of trying to call your boyfriend who almost never answered anymore.

You ran your hand through your hair and looked around the room distressed, you were tired of trying to reach out to Ralph, but you loved him too much to let him go.

Suddenly you heard your ringtone go off and the saw the screen of your phone light up with a picture of Ralph giving you a kiss on the cheek. You thought about ignoring him like he did you, but you finally gave in and ran over to the phone.

"Hey Y/N," he said happily. You couldn't help but roll your eyes.

"Hey..." you mumbled.

"What? No 'Hey Ralphy?'" Ralph asked stunned. You let out a sigh.

"No Ralph. I would've answered like that if you'd picked up the first five times," you said.

"Yeah but I picked up on the sixth time. Come on Y/N, you know I'm busy during the day," he said.

"I mean I don't really know since you don't tell me what you're busy with," you said annoyed.

"Hey, how about I come over at six and we can watch a movie or something? To make up for me screwing up?" Ralph asked. You broke into a small smile.

"Alright yeah, that sounds nice. See you then," you said before hanging up. You set your phone back down on the bed and with four hours to spare, you turned on Netflix and decided to catch up on a few shows.

——Time Skip——
You sat on the couch, watching the clock which now read 6:30 p.m. You'd been nice and decided to give Ralph some leeway before blowing up his phone with "where are you" texts.

You reached for your phone and texted him, but received no response, even though it showed he read the text. You huffed and stalked out towards your backyard, leaving your phone lying on the couch. You climbed into your hammock, swaying the blanket as you looked up at the dark blue sky filled with the brightest stars.

You felt tears stream down your face, trying to keep your cries silent, you only sniffed every so often, your nose soon becoming stuffy. You sat in the hammock for what seemed like an hour when you heard the sound of the door open. You moved your head to the door, seeing a frantic Ralph suddenly flood with relief.

"Y/N, thank God you're okay. You didn't answer your phone so I thought something happened," he said, making his way over to you.

"I left it inside," you said before turning away from him.

"I'm sorry I'm late, it was just work," he said. You nodded, refusing to say a word. "Come on Y/N, what more can I say. Would you like me to say 'I'm sorry' another million times?" Ralph asked. You shook your head.

"No Ralph because you already have. It seems like that's all you ever say anymore," you said, sitting up. "I-I can't take it anymore. I'm constantly worrying because you never answer my calls or when I text you, you don't respond, but you do read them," you added.

"I'm-" Ralph began before you cut him off.

"If you're going to say you're sorry, just save it," you said before walking off. Before you could pass Ralph, he grabbed your arm lightly and gazed into your eyes.

"Y/N, can you please hear me out?" He asked, his voice cracking. You stopped and stared into his eyes.

"Will you tell me the truth?" you asked him. He nodded and let go of your arm.

"I'm...Elongated Man." Ralph said slowly. You nodded. "And that's why I haven't been answering all your calls," he added hesitantly.

"So you're not answering my calls or texts because you're out saving the city with the Flash?" you asked. Ralph nodded, biting his lip. "Thank God..." you mumbled.

"Wait-You're not mad?" he asked.

"Well kind of, but not really. I mean it's better than what I originally thought," you said.

"That?" Ralph asked.

"That you were cheating on me." you finished. Ralph looked at you reassuringly.

"Y/N, I would never cheat on you, you're the only woman I love," he said before pulling you in for a hug.

"You wanna go watch that movie now?" he asked. You shook your head and pulled away from him, still holding onto his hand.

"Let's just look at the stars," you said, sitting on the hammock, Ralph doing the same. You snuggled into Ralph's side and looked up at the stars with him.

"I know I haven't said it in a long time, but I love you Ralphy," you said.

"I love you too Y/N," Ralph said, rubbing your shoulder as he planted a kiss on the top of your head. The rest of the night was spent looking up at the stars and cuddling into each other as the two of you made up stories about the stars.