The Thief

THE THIEF

The shadows cloaked the thief, protecting him from the view of others. The com link kept him in touch with his partner who put all the cameras of the museum on loop. He stalked through the corridors with practiced ease.

"I still think you should've gone though the sewers just to be safe." complained Jaden to the thief over the com link. He always worried about his friend getting caught one day. So he made every possible effort to keep him safe.

"Oh puh-lease," Quin sighed, "We've done this before. Get in, get the diamonds, get out. There was nothing about going though the sewers. Everything will go just as smoothly as all the others. In fact, I wish it wasn't so easy. Just once, I would love to have an actual chase instead of simply being seen running around on television by helicopter. I want the police at my heels shouting at me to stop. Just once."

"One day you’re going to eat those words," Jaden said ominously, "security’s disengaged."

Perhaps, But right now, Quin was bored to tears as he took the diamonds out of the high security vault.

Tamera Pierce waited impatiently for the infamous thief to exit out of the vault. Mystique has been a public nuisance for far too long. He has been stealing jewels from New York for 6 months.

But he made a mistake this time. With the media down their throats for not catching him, the local police were now being forced to hand the case over to the FBI. And they gave it to the best of thier agents.

I knew he was going to come tonight. He always goes after any company that has a snake in its logo. But why is the question. Maybe he has a thing against snakes? A pity no one can get close enough to ask. Tamera resolved it to the second question she asked, the first being his name.

But jeeze, how long does it take to steal diamonds?!

Quin smiled under his mask. He could sense the officer waiting for him to make his reappearance. Deciding to put on a little show for Detective Grant, he moon walked out of the vault backwards.

"Freeze!" Quin froze, unless Grant got really in touch with his feminine side, that wasn't Grant. Slowly he turned to the new detective. He found a little slip of a woman with a gun pointed at him. He recovered quickly.

"Well your new," he said, masking his voice with a voice synthesizer, "and what's your name little one?"

"Agent Pierce, and I'm the one in charge now." She spat out.

"Wow, Agent. I must be getting pretty good to be upgraded to that kind of status" He said smirking under the intricate mask. He checked out his newest chaser. Her auburn hair was trapped in a tight bun and her clothes looked freshly ironed. Her green eyes looked unwaveringly into his own with her gun pointed directly at him. 

He couldn't resist poking at the stiff shirted agent, "Pierce, such a tough name for such a sweet lass."

"Mystique isn't exactly manly either" she retorted, "This building is surrounded. You are under a- stop moving Mystique."

"I didn't pick it out. The darn media decided it was a good marketing scheme" he said, still walking slowly toward her.

Tamera's heart started palpitating at a wild rate, “Yeah the whole ‘thief of the century’ thing was really off” she said, trying to play off her nervousness.

Why am I nervous? She thought franticly.

"oh i think they got that part right," said the thief. you could almost here the smirk in his voice

As the man - criminal! She reminded herself- came closer, she took in more details of his outfitting. Decked out head to toe in black, he looked lethal.

His silk black mask with intricate designs across it gave him his name. it had no eye holes or mouth hole, similar to Spiderman's but lacked his morals. He also was equipped with jet black armor that fitted like a second skin; keeping close to him to prevent capture, yet was loose enough to give him full range of movement. It was intimidating but not in the I'll-rip-out-your-spine-and-beat-you-with-it sense.

Tamera strengthened her stance. She wanted to be prepared in case of anything but was quickly losing focus of her objective as Mystique continued his slow walk toward her. Without realizing what was happening, she had lowered her gun and they stood face to face. She needed to get a hold of herself. But it got harder to do as he slowly brought up his hand to caress her cheek. She shivered when the warm leather gently touched her cheek.

She detected a hint of cinnamon as he leaned in close lowering his arm to trace the outline of her neck. It was the vulnerability that made her realize what was happening. trying to keep her cool, she gazed at him seductively as she leaned toward him, "Then what would you like to be called?" She snapped a pair of handcuffs to his wrists quickly, "you know, other than you prison number. As I was saying, you're under arrest. You have right to-" she paused as the entire building plunged into darkness. Using it to the best of his advantage, Mystique ripped out of her grasp and quickly and quietly withdrew.

Hearing the beautiful officer curse and call for back up made Quin mutter profanities of his own. He needed to clear out quickly. He raced down the corridor as quietly as he could.

"Guess you got your wish, huh Quin," Jaden spoke up. Quin could practically see his friend's smug mug.

"Shut it J, or I'll shut it for you" He snapped as he took a quick left.

"Just saying, this wouldn't have happened if you took the sewers." Quin made a quick note to duct tape Jaden's computer screens together again.

Tamera was furious with herself. She was this close to the renowned thief she could still smell the faint scent of the cinnamon cologne he left behind.

The doors slammed open as the SWAT team stormed in breaking into organized teams to cover all the entrances.

She could only hope that it was enough to capture the most elusive thief of the century. Stupid media

:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

I'm just starting out so please tell me what you think. I would really like to hear everyones thoughts. I'm deeply considering changing the title.