Chapter 6

Jaden ran into the room, "remember the other two goons you knocked out? Well the morons in the police decided to put them in the hospital. And guess what was the first thing they did after they woke up? They-"

"They escaped," Quin finished. Jaden looked at him, a little miffed that Quin stole his thunder.

"Yeah, well, at least they didn't follow you here" Jaden shrugged.

"No," Quin said, already getting up to head for the door "instead they followed us to the Agent's building"

"And where do you think you're going?" Jaden asked, following him to the door. Quin stopped and spun around causing Jaden to pull up short.

"Those men weren't there to kill me," he said, handing Jaden the slip of paper from the pen, "They were there to follow me. Now, they are going to send even more men there to kill me and everyone who helped me.  And guess who happened to show up at the wrong place at the wrong time?"

It wasn't really a question, they both knew. But as Quin started to leave again, Jaden stopped him.

"Look, you're running on empty right now, and its almost dawn. Its unlikely that they'll attack right now. They need time to plan so they won't attack until at least tomorrow night" Jaden pleaded, "get some rest, if it'll make you feel any better, I'll bug her apartment and put a tracking device in her jacket so you know where she is"

Quin stood there, indecisively, then slowly nodded his head, "Okay, but you don't need to put a tracking device on her"

"Why" Jaden asked confused.

"I already did" Quin called as he headed to his room.

**************************  

Tamera walked into to her office when she was suddenly ambushed into a bear hug.

"Good morning!" Rin said brightly. Rin was one of Tamera's co-workers and best friend. Tamera grunted a hello.

Tamera was not having a good morning. Her sleep had been practically non-existent and she was blaming it completely on Mystique. She tossed and turned about what tell her co workers. If they knew he was in her house and she didn't arrest him, they might suspect that she was working with him. But if she didn't say anything, wasn't she really working with him. To make matters worse, she dreamed of a masked man with a sweet cinnamon sent.

Unfortunately, Rin immediately picked up on her mood, "Oh baby, who is he and what's his address?" This made Tamera crack a smile, leave it to Rin to make things better.

"Its this case I'm working on," Tamera began.

"The Mystique case?" Rin asked, "Oh he is one fine piece of ass. Nice choice."

"It not like that!" Tamera rushed out, horrified to find herself blushing.

All Rin had to do was look at her, "Uh huh. Suuure." He drawled, "So what about him?"

"He," she looked around, drew him close, and whisper hissed, "He came to my apartment last night"

Rin's eyes widened in shock "Wow," he said, pausing to think, "he make you take your clothes off?"

"NO!" Tamera shouted, causing a few heads to turn. She blushed, remembering her time in the bathroom with him, her face could now compete for the reddest tomato in the fair.

"Watched you shower then?" Rin was really good at reading faces and sometimes it was frustrating to the extreme.

"This is ridiculous" Tamera muttered. And the prize goes to Tamera the Tomato.  She started walking for the elevator again.

"Sorry, sorry," Rin said, backing off, "so what's the problem?"

"Whats the problem?!" Tamera repeated incredulously, "HE CAME TO MY APARTMENT"

"And?"

"So he knows where I live"

"Well that's obvious"

"Can't you take this seriously?" Tamera exploded, "He could do anything with me"

"And did he?"

"What?" Tamera asked, calming down. They had arrived the elevator and she punched the up button.

"Did he do anything?"

"Well... no..." Tamera said confused, "we kinda just talked"

"Well that's a shame" Rin laughed as she punched him in the shoulder, "but then, I ask you again, what's the problem?"

The elevator opened and they both stepped in. It was a good thing they were alone cause she asked, "You see nothing wrong with me harboring a criminal?" A criminal, mind you, that I am chasing?!"

"Aaah. Now that's your problem" Rin nodded, and thought, "was there any way you could've apprehended him?"

Tamera thought, "no, the lines were out and he somehow jammed my cell phone"

"Then there was nothing you could've done" Rin concluded, "if you want, you could order a police detail on your building." The elevator dinged and opened.

Tamera thought and shook her head, "No"

"No?" Rin raised an eyebrow.

"No," Tamera said defiantly, turning towards her desk.

"You go girl! You jump his bones!" Rin laughed and turned towards his own. But not before seeing Tamera give him the finger.