Chapter 9

"Okay well that answers why you're here. Sort of" Tamera scoffed. She turned to Rin "and now for you."

"Oh, I just wanted ice cream" Rin said his ears turning slightly red.

"... you snuck into my apartment... in the middle of the night... to get ice cream?" Tamera could feel a headache coming along. 

"Well where else was I supposed to get ice cream? Besides, we all know stolen ice cream tastes better than regular ice cream"

Mysique nodded in concession.

Tamera pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed heavily, "That's it. I'm done. Go back home and you," she waved a hand at Mystique, "back to where ever you came from"

"Umm... Don't you think you should be focusing on the fact that a secret society is now hellbent on killing you?" Rin asked nervously.

"I'm running on about 10 minutes of sleep and it's now... " Tammy looked at her watch but for some reason she couldn't read the hands, "way past late, I decide what to focus on."

Frankly, Tamera couldn't truly focus on anything. Between her sleepless night last night and coming up on a second one, the sooner she could sleep the better. She started heading for the bedroom.

"But. But. But." Rin and Mystique stammered.

"But nothing" Tamera sighed, "Obviously no one is attacking me right now. Well, except these two idiots who are assaulting my sleep pattern"

By now she reached her bedroom door. She turned around, "GOOD NIGHT!" And slammed the door. That felt good.

:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

Quin looked at the man he recently assaulted. Rin looked back.
Silence ensued.
.
.
.
Rin cleared his throat. Quin shifted in his seat.
.
.
.
And ensued
.
.
.
"Sooooooooo" Rin said, finally breaking the silence, "Wanna see where Tammy hides her ice cream?"

"God yes," Quin said, relieved to have something to talk about.

"Uhhhh... God no!" Jaden pipped up, "your mask, remember? Tsk. Moron"

Quin took off his mask and Rin watched with wide eyes.