Chapter 2: Flight to out New Home

“Taylor? Taylor wake up. It’s time to get ready.”

                Two weeks have gone by and now it was two in the morning. I had one hour to get ready to leave for the airport and our plane leaves at five.

                I got up from my bed and walked into the hallway. The lights were dimmed and my dad and mom’s suitcases were outside their door. My mom’s cheetah carry-on bag and pink leather suitcase always stood out at most airports. While my dad on the other hand, his black leather carry-on and dark green suitcase always blended in at airports.

                I walked into the bathroom and turned on the hair flattener. I washed my face with my anti acne face wash. I didn’t have acne though; I just use it just in case future acne comes along. After brushing my teeth, I started flattening my hair. My hair was a little straight; it just had some curls on the side.

                I walked into my bedroom and opened my closet. I picked out some tight skinny jeans and my Pittsburgh Steelers sweatshirt. I put on my socks and shoes and then walked over to my dresser with my makeup. I powdered my face and I applied some eye liner. I put on some mascara and then some lip gloss.

                I grabbed my backpack for my carry-on and my light pink suitcase. I put my makeup into my makeup bag and stuffed it inside my suitcase. I put my suitcases outside my door and looked into my room.

                My room looked so empty, now that all my stuff was gone. While staring into space, my cell phone rang.

                “Hello?” I answered.

                “Hey baby! I knew you were waking up around this time so I just wanted to say bye.” Nathan Answered.

                “Nathan, don’t call me that and we need to talk.”

                “Okay? What.”

                “We need to breakup.”

                “Wait what?” Nathan seemed shocked, which annoyed me. I thought he would see this coming.

                “I’m moving and besides, I always see you checking out other girls when you’re with me. I’m sorry Nathan but we’re breaking up. I got to go. Bye Nathan. Have fun in California.” I said as I hanged up. I felt a little relieved.

                I texted Nicki and Kylie, telling them I was leaving for the airport and that I also broke up with Nathan. Nicki never really liked Nathan though, so I know she would be happy.

                I walked into my mom’s room to find dad putting on his probably million dollar watch on and mom putting in earrings in the mirror.

                “Are you ready honey?” asked mom.

                “Yeah. I broke up with Nathan.” I replied.

                “Good honey. This will give you a fresh clean start in Washington.”

                A few minutes later we were all getting into the car. Some rich newly married couple would be moving into our house sometime in the next week. I knew one thing was for sure, I would really miss this house and my room. My room was fully decorated in Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift posters.

                As we were driving, we passed by my old junior high school. It seemed so dark and old right now. I could see some distant graffiti on the school walls. For once, I was actually glad to be moving. I was tired of all the memories; especially the bad ones. Like when Nicki’s old boyfriend who was a big time trouble maker and total player, cornered her in the hallway and was threating that if she didn’t kiss him, he would slap her. The principle suspended him for only four days, but Nicki broke up with him the second he got back into school. He later on got another girlfriend a few minutes later.

                We arrived at the airport soon after. My dad opened the truck and started getting the suitcases out. I grabbed my backpack and go out of the car. Mom was leaning against the car, applying lip gloss. She noticed me staring.

                “Honey, if this is kind of one of our last days in California, I want to look nice. Wouldn’t you?” asked mom.

                “I’m okay with being myself.” I replied.

                “Okay. I have all the bags. Let’s get a move on.” Dad called.

                We walked into the airport and there standing in front of us was Nicki and Kylie.

                “We just wanted to say goodbye to our sister.” Nicki said.

                We ran up to each other and gave each other a big hug.

                “I’m going to miss you guys so much!” I cried.

                “Aw babe were going to miss you too!” said Kylie.

                I was going to miss Kylie and Nicki more than anything. I know I might make new friends in Washington, but no one could replace them.