Chapter 10: I'm Sorry...

I woke up the next morning in Danik's arms.  Somehow this just felt right.  But then again... that's exactly how i felt about me and Dustin.  I shook off the feeling and looked over at Danik.

His head was facing me and i could see the rise and fall of his chest.  One arm was wrapped around me and the other was resting on his stomach.  His eyes fluttered open and he smiled.

"Morning, beautiful." He said as he started to stroke my jawline.  

I smiled and sat up.  He did the same and slung his arm lazily over my shoulders.  Then it hit me.

"Oh my gosh.  You stayed the whole night?!" 

"My parents are out of town.  It's fine.  I got my house all to myself so it doesn't really matter where I am."  He responded with a grin. 

"Oh." I muttered and smiled at him.

He nodded and placed his other hand on my jawline.  Then, he started to slowly lean in for a kiss.  My heart was bound to beat right out of my chest.  I felt my pulse get faster as he pressed his lips against mine.  

His tounge traced my bottom lip.  His tongue then parted my lips and his tongue started to explore my mouth.  He took his arm off my shoulder and placed it on my waist, pulling me on top of him.  I ran my fingers through his hair, heart pounding faster and faster.  

"Wait." I pulled away.  

"What?" He asked confused.

"I um... Danik i don't think i'm ready for this yet.  I'm still trying to get over Dustin.  I just... can you just give me some time?" I asked, nervously.

He sighed, looked down and nodded. "Yeah that's fine. I'll see you later." 

I moved so he could get up.  He stood up and slid on his Vans and climbed out the window.  I glanced out the window and saw him smoothing out his hair as he walked away.

 I sighed and walked over to my vanity table and started to comb out my own hair.  I heard a light tapping at my window and saw Dustin.  I felt a tear run down my cheek as i opened my window and let him in.

"Hey love.  I saw Danik walking down the... hey are you alright?" He asked.

I shook my head and burst into tears as he cradled me to his chest.  He quietly shushed me and rocked me back and forth.  I could smell the sweet smell of his cologne; one of my favorite  smells.  

I knew inside that it really wasn't his fault that Val was the way she was.  It was just too much for me last night.  Should i forgive him and take him back?  Or wait and go solo for a while...  

"I'm sorry Dustin... I just wish that Val-"

"Shh... it's all over now.  After she did what she did, i told the principle what she did and they're suspending her for two weeks.  I doubt she'll ever touch you again after she gets back."  He whispered in my ear. 

I smiled and looked up at him.  "Take me back?"  I asked with puppy dog eyes.

He grinned. "Of course," He muttered and pressed his lips against mine.