Prologue

DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ SPORT'S AREN'T MY ONLY!

Audrey 's POV:

I heard her sigh on the other end of the phone. I couldn't help the emotional feelings that washed over me while long sigh echoed into my ear. The last time we spoke was the last summer we shared together before she left for Columbia University.

"Audrey...?" She asked with a curious tone. I bit my lip, walking back and forth in my backyard, Autumn staring at me from the porch steps. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I opened my mouth to answer.

"Hey Holland." I sounded as if I had been caught doing a crime. I ran a hand through my hair as I once again paced in the grass.

"It's been few years years since we last talked, hasn't it?" She asked firstly. 'Well.. Actually 6 years, 3 months and 23 days - but who's counting?'

"Yeah, been a long time eh?" I laughed jokingly. I looked over at Autumn who had a smile on her sun-touched face. I was so nervous, probably more nervous than I have ever been in my life.

"Sure has. Too long. How did you get my new number though?" She had a slightly amused tone. I smiled at this, picturing her gorgeous smile grazing her lips.

"Your sister gave it to me. I ran into her at the mall the other day. She just graduated didn't she?" I asked, now feeling better as we began to start a somewhat smooth conversation.

"That makes sense now." She laughed and felt like I was going to die right there on the spot, "Yeah, I was suppose to go, but I couldn't get away from work and plus I had finals. So, we're going to celebrate when my summer starts. She's coming to New York with my mom in a few weeks." She said easily. I bit my cheek in nervousness again.

"That'll be nice." Was all I was able to say.

"Yeah, it is." She said in the same tone I used. The only thing going through my mind as I paced the grass was was she having a hard time talking to me as I was talking to her? 'Most likely not; she probably has a new girlfriend.' "So..." She broke my train of thought, "What's been up with you? Nothing's wrong right?"

"Why would something be wrong?" I asked, my turn to be curious. I heard her sigh once again as she more likely moved the phone to her other ear. I took a seat on the swinging chair, casting my sister a sad look.

"Uhm, well. We don't talk. At all anymore, we haven't..." She trailed off though.

"Since the day you left? I know that..." Once again, a sigh escaped her mouth.

"Why not?"

"Why not what?" I asked her, staring at my shoes, rubbing a line into the grass.

"Why haven't we talked? I've sent you e-mails, texts and I've called over the years. I even added you on facebook, Instagram, you name it. You never added me back though..." I bit my lip, memories of my life being thrown out like this.

"Holland..." I groaned, bring my knee against my chest.

"It's okay, Rey." I almost cried on the spot at my old nickname that only she used. "You don't need to answer that if you don't want to. I think I understand why anyway." She gave a sad laugh, one that tore at my chest.

"I'm sorry that I called you. I'll go. Bye Land." Cringing at the old memories that came up when the nicknames were said. Before she could respond though, I ended the call and threw my phone as hard as I could into the grass. I felt tears well up in my eyes as I curled up under my knees on the swing. It was like an explosion went off in me.

The pain felt as if she had just left. I thought I had moved on to some degree, but that three minute phone call had brought it back as if to say 'Ha, fuck you.' My sister wrapped her arms around me tightly, but I felt numb.

"Oh Audrey." She said while rubbing my arms. I closed my eyes then looked up to her, a sympathetic look on her face. I swallowed the lump in my throat while trying to speak.

"I guess it was a mistake to call her. I can't handle talking to her, Autumn. It hurts too much." She shed me as she repeated the whole 'I know I know.' thing. But, she didn't know at all. She had no idea what the hell I was going through. I sighed while I  forced myself to get a grip.

"Everything will work out, right?" She said more than asked. I gave her a smile as I leaned back against the chair, forcing her to move away slightly. Before I could answer though, I heard my notification go off. I looked at Autumn as her brows connected and picked it up, a startled yet smiling look on her face.

"What? Who is it?" I asked as if I was completely clueless to who it might be. She faced the phone to me, still smiling. It was a text from the number I had called Holland from. I felt my nerves skyrocket as I grabbed the phone from Autumn. I clicked, open message and read the extremely long text.

Rey.

That hurt a lot, you hanging up like that. Though I understand why you did it. You're hurting, right? At least, I hope you aren't. Though, if you were I know how you feel - but I guess that doesn't really matter. I just want you to know, that I loved talking to you more than it may have seemed. 

I've missed you, more than you could ever imagine, so... talk to me only if you want to, but text me back with answer please?

-yours always, Land

"What did it say?" Autumn asked as she tried to read it. I leaned back from her as I hit the reply button.

I want to.

-also yours always, Rey.

"Well?" She asked as she crossed her arms. All I did was smile.