Chapter 2: New Beginning - Memories

After falling asleep with her in his arms Zack had woken up but didn't move incase he woke Ray up...'Best not move otherwise she'll wake up and most likely fuckin' murder me' his thoughts still in one big mess as he thought about all of the events that had happened to them in that god-foresaken place. Zacks vision soon faded as he looked at the girl lying on top of him "..Ray..." he whispered under his breath falling asleep.

(Flashback - Zacks POV )

"Ugh... where the fuck am I? argh my stomach...shit" I looked down to see a pool of bright red blood on the floor underneath me...'this isn't mine though...Ray! '  I looked around suddenly becoming aware of my surroundings 'fire...smoke...blood...DANNY ' rage built up within me as I staggered back onto my feet desperately trying to lift my scythe up so I could tear this bastard to fucking pieces...'shit I can't support my own weight, I've been shot, stabbed and electrocuted yet I can't pull myself together to kill this fucker...pathetic '. 

"AHAHAHAHAHA giving up so soon Zack it's good to see I've finally won now I can take Rachels peepers, her gorgeous blue eyes will be mine " Dannys laugh, no his voice just irritates me I want to kill him, I don't have the strength.

".....You can't have her....you can't have any of her... s-she belongs to me, we swore an oath....and I hate liars...so you're not going to make me out to be one...ya hear me!" I managed to cough out some words but I couldn't do much, I collapsed to the ground next to her.. 'fuck I forgot about how he'd shot Ray'...

"Ray...Ray.....RAY!!" I screamed at her searching her half open eyes for a word, a smile, anything.

"Open your eyes..." 

"Wake up" at this point I was about to explode, I was the one who was meant to kill her not him.

"AWWWWWW is someone sad that Rachels almost dead, she's gone and I killed her not you..AHAHAHAHA looks like you couldn't keep your promise after all Zack!" that shrill laugh rang through-out my ears...

"Would it kill ya to shut your fuckin' mouth, that annoying laugh of yours is giving a headache!" I snapped regaining enough strength to stand up as I did-

*BANG*

'Fuck..' blood came poring from my mouth as I collapsed yet again on the floor I pulled my self in-front of Ray to make sure that sicko didn't come anywhere near her....blood started to quickly spill out from my gut and create a river of red underneath me...

"...za-ck.."  I faint and barely noticeable voice called out to me I turned slightly enough so I was face to face with Ray, managing to sit up I pulled her into my arms holding her as she breathed shallowly..

"Don't die on me okay Ray" I sternly spoke as she nodded and closed her eyes again.

'I need you ' this girl helped me over come my fear of fire, she got me this far, now it's my time to do the same for Ray...

(End of Flashback)

"RAY!! RAY!!" Zack started screaming, he was still asleep but still inside that dreaded nightmare...that memory, Rachel sat up sitting on top of him staring at him in a shocked and worried manner, she stretched out her hand gently stroking Zack hair..

'He's gone into a cold sweat and he's shaking badly..' sighing Rachel was about to get up but just as she was about too Zack pulled her back down into his chest having a really tight hold of her, "..Zack what are y-"

"Don't leave me Ray, I need you, don't die please...we'll be out of here soon..just please try stay awake" Zack was now crying, tightening his hold on Ray while still inside the living hell of a memory.