Chapter 1: New Feelings - Love

"...Zack?" a familiar voice softly spoke. Rachel staggered over to Zack after having too much to drink, she carefully lowered herself onto the stairs outside the small log cabin they had recently called 'home', Zack not bothering to look at her already next to him as he carried on gazing upwards at the midnight sky, well actually he didn't even notice her which was unusual for him as he was the most self aware of the two of them.

"...beautiful..." Zach murmured under his breath, he turned realising Ray was now propped up against his shoulder...

"Tch..how much have you had Ray?!?" Zack sat her up properly looking at her in her half-awake state, "Heh not that much Zack...you should drink s'more it'll be more fun that way" she hiccuped looking up at him with a dazed smile.

"If I drink will you stop fuckin' pestering me?" he released her shoulders feeling himself get more irritated, Ray look at him with a teary expression "T-there's no need to be so mean about it" she started to cry feeling her tears drip onto her legs "...I just wanted to have some fun Zack...you've been uptight for a while now, I though a few drinks would help you relax a little bit..." she sighed looking down at her knees "...plus you're really cute when you're drunk" she blushed looking at the now hazy woods.

Zach felt his heart rate speed up as Ray said that 'I mean she's drunk but I didn't think she was that drunk...did she mean it though, ah what the fuck am I saying' his thoughts running  wild..."did she mean it..?' 

"Zack?!" Ray snapped as he quickly jolted his head around to see her stood up glaring at him, "Were you even listening to what I was saying?!" she stared at him with a dead look now obviously annoyed to see he hadn't been listening to her at all.."uhh...I was fucking listening to yo-" she was quick to cut him off.

"Zack you were staring off into space...never mind..." she sighed "its best you didn't hear what I said..." she sat down creating a small distance between them both.

"...Sorry... I will listen to you more, I was just lost in my own thought wondering about what you said earlier.." he dropped his head in shame, Ray looked at him in shock she was in a biwilldered state...just looking up at him trying to get a good look at his face.

"Y-you mean when I said you're really cute when you're drunk...?" she finally coughed out her words, Zack still not making eye contact with her. " yeah...I was wondering if you meant it but you're drunk so you obviously didn't...fuck this lovey dovey shit I'm off to go destroy some things" he grabbed his bloodied scythe re-wrapping his hand with new bandages, just as he stood up to run off into the woods he felt a small but strong tug on his blood stained hoodie..

"I-I-I did mean it, I meant what I said Zack...I think you're cute especially when you've had a bit to drink.." she blushed still holding her firm grip on his hoodie...

Zack swiftly turned around pointing the large blade at her and leaning forward with a blood thirty look on his face "Are you sure about that Ray... I'd keep your guard up around me if I were you, got that through your thick fuckin-" she grabbed his scythe pulling it from his hands easily and throwing it on the floor next to her, in one swift movement she hugged him tightly..

"Please...don't go don't leave me, I meant what I said Zack, you hate liars so why would I lie to you...I know you haven't been your self lately and it scares me more than anything...I-I don't want to d-die anymore I want to live and be with you Zack..so please tell me whats wrong please..." she sobbed into his chest now gripping onto him with more strength...

Zacks heart now beating like before fast and out of time..he really did care for this girl, yet he acted so cold towards her..

'Why? Why? WHY?! I want to tell her but why can't I fucking do it is it because i'm afraid of rejection...no it's because i'm afraid of hurting Ray..damn it'

"Ray..." as she looked up at him he cupped her face and put his free arm around her waist, his face not even inches away from hers, Rays eyes wide with amazement, awestruck. "..Zack?-" moments later she was cut off...

Zack kissed her, slowly deepening the kiss as he picked her up placing her in-between his lap..."Ray...?" he breathed into her ear

"...Y-yeah?" she stuttered only just getting out her word while breathing heavily.

"I love you.." Zack now blushing but it was barely visible in the dark and through his bandages he pulled her closer hugging her trying not to show weakness by crying, he hated it when he was weak "I wanted to tell you before but I couldn't I was scared of hurting you...thats whats wrong, thats why I've been so cold to you for no reason i'm sorry Ray..." he sighed as he once again dropped his head in despair and embarrassment...

"Zack..." she hit him on the back of his head plainly looking at him.

"OWWWWWW....WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR RAY!" he shouted rubbing the back of his head

"Zack you're an idiot why didn't you just say that in the first place instead of making me worry, dumbass" she sighed looking up at the now angry Zack...

"I love you too Zack...so don't leave me okay?" Ray smiled at her serial killer lover looking to see his reaction 'Was I too forward?..Does he hate me now.?.Was this all just a mean joke he's playing like always?..' her thoughts making her panic but she never lost her composure, it pissed him off when she acted like that.

"Am not gonna fucking leave you okay? so quit your complaining and get your ass over here Rachel, you know am impati-"

"I know - you're impatient thats why I told you that now instead of later idiot..." she laughed at him while hugging him.

"So...does this mean you're my girlfriend now?..." he muttered quietly not daring to look at her

"I guess if you want me to be Zack" Ray smiled resting her head on his toned chest, feeling his heat beat quicken when she got closer...she rubbed his back to try and calm him, "Hey..its okay calm down its only me Zack" she didn't need to look up at him because he responded with putting his arms around her pulling her into him more...

"Ray...be mine forever" he spoke softly but with a stern under tone while kissing the top of her head..

"I'm yours for as long as you want me Zack, I love you " Ray played with his black tousled hair.

"Good...don't go cheating on me, or dying on me or running off...anything else think of later counts as well" he joked but was being serious about it "I'll kill anyone who will try to harm you or take you away from me Ray..I'll just lose it okay"

"I know - I won't so you don't have to worry and same for you okay?" they kissed even more passionalty than last time as Zack pulled Ray onto of him as he laid down on the ground, both of the staring deeply into each others eyes as they both fell asleep with the full moon shining on them as they drifted off into a deep slumber holding each other.

HEY THANKS FOR READING THIS, ITS MY FIRST TIME WRITING ONE OF THESE SO I HOPE ITS OKAY AND TOO EVERYONES LIKING, SORRY IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKES I TYPE QUITE QUICKLY, AND EVEN THOUGH I'VE CHECKED IT THERE'S PROBABLY STILL SOME ERRORS IN IT 😅

STAY TUNED IN FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER I'LL TRY GET IT OUT AS SOON AS I CAN, THANKS AGAIN 😊😍❤️