...and her wish

Author's Note: Big thanks to eeveelution_trainer for the idea. I was wondering how to bring in Mako into the Unpredictable sage aaaand TADAAAA! If you haven't read them, I have a Zuko and also a General Iroh story that follow each other's timelines. This one will also follow it, you are now General Iroh's little sister. And she's a special child c:

This is just a quick taste of the story. I still have huge plans on finishing Iroh's story, but if this receives enough love, I'll start posting more chapters earlier than intended. Please enjoy! :3  

[___]

"Princess, we should be heading back to the port."

The busy buzz of Republic City's streets does nothing to drown out the killjoy attitude of your attendant. Amidst your twenty-four years of existence, you have yet to find a way to tune out their pestering in your life.

You can hear your attendant's mouth open to annoy you once more, but you halt them with the rise of your hand. "I heard you, Aki. Just be quiet for a second."

Aki frowns while pushing his glasses higher up the bridge of his nose; a subtle display of him throwing a fit but he keeps to himself due to your word being absolute. It has always been that way. Not once have you been declined in any form and you wonder if such is the life of a Fire Princess. Days grow dull under this lawless cycle, rendering you thirsty for a change of pace-- like this spontaneous visit to Republic City!

It took seconds to convince your parents of your trip, disguising it as a diplomatic veneer to meet the President. You met him yesterday for approximately two minutes and asked him a single question: "where can I get your most dangerous weapons?". Suffice to say, you might have disturbed President Reiko but at least he pointed you in the right direction for today's trip into town.

Your thoughts dissipate under the scuffling noise not too far off from where you stand. The sounds of sirens and men grunting peak your curiosity, and before Aki can bring reason into the equation, you sprint in the direction of the commotion.

"P-Princess [Name]!"

You rush without a care for your attendant and find yourself in an alleyway where a fight is in progress. "Wooooow!" you gasp like a child celebrating their first birthday: thousands of people congratulating you, millions of presents, cakes littering every table, and a plethora of people dying to entertain you (warning: this is NOT a normal first year's birthday party!!). Instead of all that found at a birthday party, there are several men shuffling around and engaging in a fistfight. 

Fire is thrown about; earth follows and then water. You're mesmerized by the spectacle and pay no mind to Aki pulling at your arm. But if that wasn't enough of a sign to leave, one of the authorities becomes alerted by your presence and shouts over to you.

"Hey, you! Get out of here! It's dangerous!" 

Your eyes focus on the man who had shouted at you, though they zero in on his distinguishable eyebrows. They stay there for a few seconds as you ignore his orders to stay away. When you grow bored of staring at his eyebrows, you return to spectating the brawl. It doesn't take long for you to realize who the antagonized is and you whip your hand around as if wrangling a lasso and direct lightning at the rotund man. It fizzles and crackles while slicing through the fight, targeting the man to slap him in the face and electrocute him in the process.

"AHHHHHHH!!!!"

His haunting scream brings chills to the other participants, allowing the authorities to bring them to submission. Once they begin handcuffing them, you spot one man in particular tying up the one you took down. You don't hesitate in approaching him, and when he gazes up at you, you sense a myriad of emotions from him. Anger, confusion, but then he hides it all behind his police façade.

"You... shouldn't involve yourself in police business, ma'am," he states as he tightens the handcuffs. "You can be considered a vigilante when you do."

"But it looked like you hesitated in attacking him," you respond with a smile. "Lightning brings people to their knees much quicker."

The statement holds an eeriness to it, yet you say it in a simple tone. The man sends you an incredulous look, not knowing how to proceed. "Okay..."

You return your attention to your attendant as an epiphany strikes you. "I want this man."

Both the attendant and said man fall under a stunned silence. They wait for you to write it off as a joke but the comment never leaves your mouth. "This man?" Aki asks in disbelief.

You glance down at your intended fiancée, ignoring his confusion. "What's your name?"

"Mako?" For some reason, he doesn't sound sure of his name and it earns him a short giggle from you.

"Yes, it has to be him. I want to marry this man!" you gasp with excitement.

Although Aki finds himself in an odd predicament yet again, he knows it is his duty to facilitate all your needs. "...At once, princess."

Mako gawks at his loss of an ally and tries to reason his way out of it. "Wait, I didn't even agree to anything!"

Aki eyes Mako for a brief second. Uncertainty mixed with disapproval sit in his expression, but he won't disobey your orders. "The Fire Princess wills it, then it will be done."

"W-Wha--... THE FIRE PRINCESS?!"

"Yay! We're getting married!" you clap your hands together.