chapter 14

Solid glass walls closed in on her. Her breath quickened. She was suffocating here, she had to escape..now! The soft carpet barely felt her feet as she ran down the staircase to freedom. The door! It hadn't closed and a light of hope shone through the slight gap. How could she had seen this as home? It was a prison!

One step was one step closer to home; she'll forget about Adam and Summerfay, she'll marry Luther and return to Pearl's young arms. Anything to get away. Her hand was barely a fingertip away from the golden handle of the rich grand entrance, one reach away..forget it Brielle..forget it all...'Brielle!' The door slammed a ghostly echo. It was Sunset. 'I need you to keep lookout tonight. Talon's army has been sighted nearby and i need everyone to pull together.'

'But..'

'No 'buts' Brielle! Whatever it is it can wait so Pull yourself together!'

Pull yourself together bounced off the walls of Brielle's mind. No one was willing to listen. The dark velvet night breathed an ice chilling breeze past the pearly snowy owl above Summerfay's crystal tower.

A spotted rose blooms. Emerald velvet entwined around a white shell surrounding the glass of the plant house; around, around, around. A pearl. The luxury cream heart shape petals with soft spots of coral. As it opens like a too long introverted clam, a natural force over powers it so strong the whole world stops to induldge in such beauty of the mythical flower. The growth spark charges through the ivy before the tips of the petals until the world moves again.

A boy walks by the rose. His eyes like melted chocolate with a glimmer of gold, but theres no sun! A fleck of gold as bright as a crystal star, a star with enough fruit of life for the boy to survive. A shadow elopes where hes standing, he runs inside. The spotted rose dies.

'Brielle,' whispers the rushing wind rustling all her feathers to the core.

'Adam? Adam is that you?'

Silence. What was i doing thinking it was him? He doesn't care anymore remember?

'Brielle' A creek came from a door far below.

'Adam?' She whispered, her throat dry with anxiety. What was happening?

'Brielle' This time it was definately Adam, he sounded as if he was warning her...

'My Dear Brielle!' Came a cackle as black as night.

Luther! It was a trick all along! As she tried to fly away off the tower, he caught her foot and dragged her down to an endless darkness.