chapter 3

Brielle flew so high she was able to waltz around the stars, her new found wings extended into the cool midnight air. She took a deep breath. She felt so free, so calm and relaxed, more than she had in years. Her childhood years hadn't featured of much except of playing in Luther's back garden, but they were just friends then? However, if she wasn't with Luther she was alone in the willow tree. It felt like home to her. She skimmed the twilight clouds with the tip of her starboard wing like it was a pool of dreams. She must had been flying for at least an hour or more now and had grown aware of how far she was from home. Should she go back? Her father wouldn't be too impressed and she'd face a beating, or worse...death. But where was she going? Should she make landing and find a cosy oak tree to make shelter? How long could she be able to soar for? She was unaware of transformations and therefore had no clue whether she had special strength or anything of the matter.

Before she could question the matter further she heard a soft humming. What was that? The humming got louder and louder. It was an airship! She tried to turn but the strength of the transport was too much and sent her falling.

She was dropping uncontrollibly, down, down, down. There was a asteroid below. She was going to die she was going to die! She quenched her eyes tight as she embraced her destiny. SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brielle felt a stabbing pain at the bottom of her neck. Like mudering knives. Glass. Meteors were made of glass? She opened one eye, everything was white. Heaven. Daren't she open the other? As she did she saw the most beautiful eyes she had ever seen. They were like melted chocolate containing a crest of glistening gold. He was enchanting. 'Are you okay?' he asked smoothly. Her heart was pounding so quickly now she felt she could explode. 'She looks faint.' Observed another, female this time. However, Brielle did not see her face as she melted into a dark sillouette. Everything went black. 'She's beautiful.'