chapter 12

'Brielle wake up wake up wake up!!!'

'What is it?' Brielle moaned, her sycamore eyes fogged with sleep as Lasky stood over her.

'Seriously Brielle i can't believe you've forgotten already!' She looked blank. 'It's only your date with..Adam!' Lasky's face lit up. Brielle's fell.

'He doesn't love me..'

'Of course he does! He'll be crazy not to Brielle, i promise you!' The Snow White stared at the cieling and sighed. It was now or never.

Lasky had layed out a stunning sparkling robin's egg blue floating gown. Simple but elegant with a white wrap around the waist. The soft turquoise material slipped over her pearly white skin until it was tied at the back with the band in turn. After Lasky had finished Brielle saw a beautiful girl staring back at her in pride.

'Oh my goodness Brielle you look stunning! I mean, i knew it would look good on you but..wow! It was my grandmother's you know?' Unfourtantely, Brielle wasn't listening. Adam she thought.

'Careful!' The blonde lady in waiting yelled from the bed chamber. These heels Brielle moaned. Still in a daze Lasky had slipped silver ivy slippers on Brielle's feet. She felt her posture improve despite her hate for shoes as the heels clonked down the elegant marble stairs. Help help help, she slipped on the stairs, her straightly brushed hair falling out of place. Great.

She wandered down a second staircase carpeted in moons and stars. The heels softened as the staircase finished outside the twinkling ballroom. Oh God Oh God Oh God. She peeped round the doorway. Adam was there staring at the stars through the glass cieling. 'He loves me. Don't doubt it Brielle. He loves me and I love him.' After a deep breath Brielle entered.

'Hi'

'Hi' Adam answered just as nervously echoing through the grand hall. They drifted towards eachother slowly, both unaware what to do. Its the kiss Adam thought, completely lost for words at Brielle's beauty. She was beautiful before but now..wow. Standing oppisite eachother both looked at the banquet table in syncrinisation. Neither was hungry.

'Care to dance?' Adam asked as he held out his hand. Brielle took it as they paraded to the center of the hall. She felt her nerves descend at his touch and a new beginning unravel. Adam casrefully placed his hand on her waist before a warmth spread through him from the feet to the tips of his fingers where the other gripped her snow ones. They gazed into eachothers eyes for a long thought, the same thoughts of piano keys played in their minds; this was it, they were meant to be.

Adam stepped foward with one foot. Unaware of his move Brielle stepped foward too. 'Ow,' Adam moaned barely a whisper as she trod on his foot.

'I'm sorry i'm sorry i can't dance i can't do this...' She began to walk away, his grip turned firm.

'Hey look at me look at me. Think about that time we first met, our first kiss..swimming in the lake. It means so much to me, i have never felt so happy or complete before i met you. Look, we maybe on this star that isn't much like home but theres a million stars out there but no other i'd rather be with than you. I love you Brielle.'

Smiling brighter than the stars themselves Brielle replied; 'I love you too Adam,' before letting herself be led by gentle arms of a dream. They twirled and spun like clouds at sunset,not needing anyone but eachother. Nature of Summerfay began to harmonise with the sweet occassion, fireflies and fireflies floated above the scene in a dreamy waltz.