chapter 4

Adam's Story

Adam had been talking to his mother, Queen Sunset about becoming king and taking rule over Summerfay. They were just wandering around the courtyard under the glass shelter that bordered it when the most beautiful girl of his dreams fell into his life.

His mother had once been a star and watched over human life. One life she did look upon was his father's, Phillp. Phillp was an astronomer and had grown up fascinated with the stars, always looking at the constellations and believing there really was life out there. One day, at the age of a man, he decided to make himself a pair of weighted wooden wings and test them out on a cliff edge by the sea. He took off, as he did fate pushed Sunset out the sky sending her descending down to save him from his death. As she caught him they flew up above the earth's amptmoshere before fate crash landed them on a silvery meteor. This meteor was unlike others for it was merely like a small planet without any life. However they discovered that they could still breathe and Sunset had held on to Phillp's hand longer than needed and warmth grew in every part of their bodies. As they kissed, grass the colour of lime grew all around as ivy entwined blooming flowers every shade of paradise. It was like heaven. Later, pools of spring burst as tree's branches twisted like melted silver into a giant clear greenhouse grand enough to be a palace. As they walked inside bedrooms, beds became clouds and the ceiling was an exact representation of the sky. The great hall became a golden palace ballroom and nature devised a silver bridge over the lake. This was named Crystal Lake and the land, Summerfay. This became their home. Over time more human's evolved from the earth and Sunset and Phillp had a child called Adam.

Adam watched over Brielle as they took her to one of the spare rooms of a more solid bed as Phillp had explained to the people of Summerfay how to use and create carpenter tools and so the people made the bed as a result of their appreciation. As they set her down Adam knelt beside her and rested his hand against her cheek to check how she was doing. Her beautiful skin was perfectly fine. He tried to ignore the sparks he felt just through his fingertips. His hand rested on her lips. They were so cold. It was then that it struck him. She was the Snow White and he was the prince, now all he had to do was kiss her and the curse would be rid of. But who was the wicked queen? She was clearly not from around Summerfay and she couldn't be a spy from Mount Talon, Phillp and Queen Sunset's worst nightmare or hell to you and me. Then maybe she was from earth? Adam felt a shiver down his spine of the thought of the planet. Despite his father's home planet Adam grew up in disgust of life on earth and how they treated nature around them. Reality. Thats what earth was, just plain and dull like an empty textbook. If she really was from earth then what made her come here?

Three days later he was to find out.