the accident

{DAMON POV}

I was walking across the Wickery bridge very slowly, there was a car coming extremely fast.

suddenly the car swerves and and goes off of the bridge, I dive in to try to save them, when I find the vehicle I look in the windows to see how many people are in the car. OH. MY. GOD. KATHERINE? Could it really be her? she died in 1864... or did she? I need to know,

Next thing I know I'm driving her to a hospital and I stopped to give her mouth to mouth, she was dying! I need to hurry I whispered to myself. "who are you? and why are you kissing me." Katherine said. "You know who I am, it's Damon Salvatore, you know broke my heart, I thought you died." "I am not Katherine, who ever that is. and AGAIN why are you kissing me?!" "You almost died I was giving you mouth to mouth! you were unconscious!!" "well where are my parents...?" Then a gorgeous woman who I guessed was the doctor said "hello Mrs. Gilbert I'm Dr. Meredith Fell, how are you feeling?" "Kind of sore, and very confused, where are my parents?!"

"well, Elena that's what I came to talk to you about, your parents both had severe head injuries, and many broken bones, plus you guys were trapped in the car, it's a miracle Mr. Salvatore was able to save you. so what I'm trying to say is, your parents didn't make it."

{ELENA POV}

In that very instance, my life was changed. Forever. How could both of my parents be dead? How could they leave me and Jeremy like this. Why?