chapter 9

{2 days later}
As we pull in the drive way I see a young woman probably 25 or so maybe younger. She has dirty blond long straight hair and hazel green eyes, she looks really active and fit. She's holding some suit cases and im guessing she's the midwife. I get out of the car to introduce myself.
"Hi, you must be the midwife I'm Elena Gilbert."
"Oh hello, Yes I'm the mid wife, My name is Julia Plantios but you can just call me Julia or Jules." she says with a smile
Damon runs up and gives Julia a great big hug and says "Julia! I've missed you so much! it's been almost 17 years!
Oh she must be a vampire!
"Yeah it's been a while, hasn't it Damon. When was the last time? your birthday of 1998? That night was legendary "
"Yeah I think it was!"
"So, Julia are you going to be staying in one of the spare bedrooms?"
"Yes, I believe so. I need to be close because Dr. Meredith Fell said you could possibly have a premature childbirth and I need to be there through the whole birth and if I'm far then that could be bad."
"Okay, sounds good!"
i wonder how Damon and Julia met..?
"So Julia, how did you meet Damon?"
"Oh well he's my bestfriend, we met in the war in the early 40's when I was working as a nurse and he was a soldier."
"Yeah, the good old days eh Jules?"
"Yeah for sure!" Julia says with a smirk
"So what was so great about 98?"
"Well, we went to Mexico, for a spring break party, kind of like the ones in Cancun and Florida now a days but way better. Well your man here decided it would be funny to get wasted and go naked off
of a mountain and jump into the water... well that didn't end well for him thank god he's a vampire!"
"Well it wasn't my fault Jules, it was the tequilas fault!"
"You've been saying that one for 17 years Day!"
"Wow, you guys must have a lot of memories!" I say worried they aren't telling me all of it

After dinner

"Day, can I ask you a question?"
"Ask away Sunshine."
"Well, I was wondering if you and Julia had any history.."
"Oh no of course not! one time we played spin the bottle when we were drunk but that's it!"
"okay, thank you for telling me, I love you."