Flame 7-Returning the Favor

Hey guys! Okay so this chapter is short but very necessary! Vote.Comment.Enjoy! Pic is of Bethany, for no reason other than that she makes my life! ======>

Flame 7-Returning the Favor

                Ugh….Sex+Dining room table=sore Max….

                I groaned as I slowly rolled off of the table and onto the hardwood floor. “Ow,” I mumbled. I looked up to see that Kale was no longer in the room. If he had been I would have rolled into him instead of off of the table. I stood up cracking my back and I pulled on a pair of basketball shorts. I ruffled my hair and slowly and gingerly padded across the floor.

                When I got to the kitchen I found everyone sitting there except my father. “Heeey,” Bethany gave me a knowing look. She knew what had happened in the dining room last night, I could tell. I just hoped that she was being her extremely perceptive self and that no one else had noticed. That would be embarrassing. Nick looked up awkwardly and Jake grinned at me with an expression that seemed to say ‘way to go man, you scored’ they knew…

                Great, life just got awkward. I poured myself a glass of orange juice and sat to Kale’s left. I was still half awake and I wasn’t wearing a shirt. My hair was well….sex hair is the only way to describe it. No wonder everyone knew, Bethany had had a point that day when she discovered what was going on with Kale and I….we were bad at covering up those types of things.

                I yawned, and so did Jake and Bethany. I yawned because I was tired but they only did because they saw me yawn…its weird how that works sometimes. “Where’s my dad?” I grumbled.

                “He left this morning, he’s off somewhere in Europe.” Nick answered, all awkwardness forgotten. He was my best bud, he got over things like this quickly. I nodded, I knew it wouldn’t last. That whole thing with my father trying to spend time with me, it could never have lasted. He had claimed that he would stop leaving for work and there would be days set aside for some father son time. I supposed I knew now that he did love me, but we had both realized something too, and we were both trying to accept it as well.

                My father would always love his eldest son more. Yes, his dead son would always mean more than his living one.

                This was no longer my opinion based on neglect. This was my knowledge based on quality time spent with a man that I no longer knew. I hadn’t expected him to change overnight but I wasn’t even sure that he wanted to. I stood up, intending to go to my room to get ready for the day. “Max,” Nick’s voice made me pause. “Don’t beat yourself up about it too much, he does love you, just give him some time.” Time. That was one thing that I had learned that you didn’t always have.

                I nearly crawled up the stairs still having no desire to be conscious. But, I had to get ready, I had an appointment for my leg today. I hoped that it would go well and I could get rid of this brace because my leg was definitely feeling better than it has been. After I got ready I was off to the hospital for my appointment. The orthopedic and spine center of the town was located inside the hospital. I gave Kale a quick kiss goodbye and then I was off. I climbed into my truck and took a moment to take it in. I had missed driving my baby and I was happy to be behind the wheel again.

                I took my time driving to the hospital, just enjoying the trip. I loved to drive, it gave me time to think and the fact that it was my truck always made it so much more pleasurable. When I arrived at the hospital I nervously limped into the spine center, I had left my crutches at home. “Maximum!” Dr. Monroe came over to greet me. “How’s my favorite patient?” He asked leading me to an exam room.