Flame 3-Forever

Hey , guys! The third Chapter! Vote. Comment.

Pic is of Maya==========>

Enjoy!

Flame 3-Forever

          With permission from the doctor and some good arguing on my father’s part I now found myself in a wheelchair going down the hall. When we arrived in Kale’s room his eyes were closed and his right arm rested in a sling while his chest seemed significantly bandaged. They pushed me up to the left side of his bed and then they all left us alone for a minute. I grabbed his good hand in mine and savored the warmth that I had come to expect from Kale. I rested my cheek against the back of his hand and I waited. Kale stayed asleep while I was there and a few minutes later there was a commotion in the hallway and Kali, Nick, and Jake came storming into the room.

                “Kalissandra!” A man followed them in and he must have been their father, although I have never met either of their parents. “Kalissandra Marie, you are leaving now!”

                “He’s my brother Dad! I will not leave him!” Their father was staring at my hand locked in Kale’s. “You disgusting spawn of Satan!” He directed at me. “You are responsible for all of this! You turned my son gay and now you have gotten him nearly killed!” He took a threatening step towards me and that is when Nick stepped in alongside Jake.

                “Sir, you need to leave.” Nick was surprisingly calm.

                “Who the hell are you?”

                “We are his best friends and I am your daughter’s boyfriend.” Mr. Mattkinson slapped Nick across the face.

                “You associate yourself with these faggots?” He paused angrily glaring at me. “You might as well be one of them, stay away from my daughter!” Kale shifted painfully but he didn’t reopen his eyes.

                “Daddy! You don’t care about Kale and you don’t care about me! You need to back off and leave.” Mr. Mattkinson turned to leave but then he faced Kali once more.

                “You disgust me Kalissandra, you disgust me just as much as your brother does! Pack your bags, you will not spend another night under my roof.” With that he left just as Kale reopened his eyes…

                One week later…

                Kale moved painfully and awkwardly as Nick helped him up the stairs. I watched him and every time he winced, so did I. It hurt me to see him like this. Kali followed them upstairs while Jake carried her bags because she would be living in one of the spare bedrooms. Nick would likely stay with her most nights because his parents knew that I needed him and he had practically lived at my house for years now. Hell Beth and Jake would probably end up staying here most of the time too. “Have you talked to him yet?” Maya asked me.

                “No,” I answered as I balanced on my crutches in the entryway.

                “You need to.”

                “I don’t know what to say to him.”

                “Tell him that you love him, tell him that you were scared that you were going to lose him. Tell him what you need to say and what he needs to hear.”  I could tell that this hurt her to say. She loved me and I had hurt her. Now she had to watch me love someone else and it only made me feel worse that she was so supportive. She rested her hand on her slightly extended belly as she neared four months pregnant and was beginning to show now.