Flame 6-Unexpected Engagements

Hey Guys! It has been a while, sorry about that...writers block and all that. Enjoy!

Pic is of Kale========>

Warning! Some sexual content!!!

Flame 6-Unexpected Engagements

Kale winced slightly as I pulled back from our kiss. “Shit, did I hurt you?” I asked as I tried to pull away.

“No,” He said keeping his arm securely around my waist. “Is your leg feeling better?” He asked.

“Much.”

“That’s good, how’s your head?” He whispered as his left hand traced a line on the side of my face.

“I’m more worried about you at the moment.” I said looking at his right arm resting securely in its sling. He wore a loose grey t-shirt but I could still make out the bandages beneath it. I hated the fact that Trent had done this to him.

“Don’t be,” He rested his head on my shoulder for a few moments before he spoke again. “Do you really love me Max?” The tone to his voice gave me the impression that he just wanted to hear it.

“With all of my heart,” My lips moved against the base of his neck on his injured side. “Why do you ask?” He moved so that his forehead was pressed against mine.

“I wanted this to be more romantic,” He started, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small box. “If there is one thing that I have learned since meeting you, it’s that life is way too short. We may not always have time to say the things that we should and we almost never get to say goodbye when the time comes. So if I should die in one hour or one year, I want it to be with the knowledge that we could have had our forever.”

“Kalen?”

“Shhh, I’m not finished. I want to know that with every second that passes we are closer than before, we are closer to a lifetime together. I want to know that you are mine and I want you to know that I am yours and yours alone.”

“What are you-“ I stopped as he struggled to get down on one knee and the box opened. In it sat two simple silver bands with four small diamonds set in each. Each ring had one letter on it, either a K or an M with two small diamonds on each side of the letter. “Are you, proposing?”

“In a sense, look we don’t have to do this anytime soon, I just want to know that we would, that you would. I want to know that we would get married, I know that this is stupid, and you have every right to say-”

“Yes.” I cut him off so fast that it surprised even me. Truthfully I hadn’t even known how I would answer until the word came out of my mouth. But as soon as I said it I knew that I meant it.

“Yes?”

“Yes, Kalen I will marry you, maybe not tomorrow but someday.” Kale beamed up at me, and I don’t think that I had ever seen him so happy. He pulled out the ring with the K on it and slipped it onto my left hand ring finger. To my surprise it fit perfectly.

“K for Kalen,” I whispered admiring the ring, which was perfect, not too girlie.

“And M for Maximum.” He echoed me, and I joined him on my knees. I slipped the other ring on his finger, realizing that it was probably more romantic that way and that Kale couldn’t have done it very easily himself with his other arm in a sling. He smiled shyly at me, a blush creeping its way onto his face. It reminded me of how shy he used to be around me. I thought this Kale was gone and it made my heart sort of flutter to know that I could still have that affect on him. I could still make him nervous.