Part 2

My band and I were packing up when I felt you hover near me. And when I turned my head, there you were again, smiling goofily at me.

"My dorky girlfriend didn't want to leave without saying goodbye," Costia said when she saw me looking at them. She placed her hand across Lexa's waist possessively and pulled her closer. Lexa didn't seem to notice.

"You were great," Lexa said loudly, wanting to be heard over the noise. "The band was," she added as she smiled in turn at the rest of the group.

"Thank you," I said drawing back her eyes towards me. "I'm glad you enjoyed it."

"Maybe we can watch another one of your shows again." Lexa spoke up again. I saw Costia glanced at Lexa and raised an eyebrow in surprise.

"That would be great." I thought of giving you my number but what purpose will it serve, so instead I told you to get my band's schedule from Lincoln.

Lexa nodded, somewhat disappointed. "We'll see you around, I guess."

I nodded back. Then you looked wistfully at me before Costia dragged you away. I turned my attention back to packing.

"Such a waste," Murphy said as he moved to sit beside me.

"What is?" I asked.

"All the pretty girls are gays," he said dramatically. "I wish I can call dibs on the girl on the left. Beneath that nerdy exterior, I can feel the hotness trying to come out."

Lexa was on the left. I hundred percent agree but instead I shrugged my shoulder. "I wouldn't know."

"Really now."

Murphy acted like an ass sometimes but he is very perceptive. He can look at the crowd and come up with a list of songs that'll make them go wild.

I looked at him straight in the eye daring him to contradict me. "Yes, really."

"Okay." He said with a knowing smile as he stood up. "But I can't wait to hear the new songs."

"What new songs?"

Murphy just winked at me as he grabbed one of the boxes and waltzed out into the side exit where our van was parked.

The following day I had lunch plans with Lincoln. As usual I woke up after I snoozed my phone more than ten times and was running late. He had gotten so used to me that he usually arrived later than me but this time when I arrived, he was already there and he was sitting with someone whose back was turned towards me. I've stared at that body long enough last night to know who it was. Those loose curls will be the death of me. But those curls were in relationship and I am not that type of girl to break up relationships. So for everyone's sanity especially mine, I decided to just skip out. I was about to make my escape when Lincoln noticed me and called me over. Busted.

I dragged myself to their table. I was a just a few steps away when you turned around. I imagined that action was done relatively quickly but for me it seems like it happened so slowly... just like in the movies. And that freaking smile again when your eyes met mine. I was surprised I didn't trip. I took a deep breath to compose myself.

"Hi Clarke."

"Hi..." I pretended that I didn't remember your name.

"It's Lexa." You knew I was lying.

"Of course." I said as I smiled. "Where's your girlfriend?" I asked as I walked around the table and sat down beside Lincoln.

"She's at work." You turned your head guiltily away from me and proceeded to drink your cup of tea with both hands.