Part 2- Test results

I woke up the next morning with a knot in my stomach. I slowly walked downstairs and got some cereal.  I noticed a note on the fridge, I went to go read it. It was from my mother. I took a deep breath before reading it. 

"Goodmorning Olivia, I went to the doctor today at 8. They had the test results. They were..." I closed my eyes and took a huge deep breath before reading the next ine. "positive"

I knew it. My eyes were spilling out tears. My throat tightened and I started to sob. I was shaking and I was a complete mess. I heard the stairs creak and I looked up. I saw the most sad and horrific thing. My mother with red puffy eyes, and a red nose, holding a box of tissues. I ran up to her and threw my arms around her. We stood there crying with each other for about 15 minutes until I excused myself to go take a shower. 

My father was gone.. and now my mother has cancer. My life was going downhill, into a sad and empty void. I had no relatives to take me in if my mother passes. The thought sent me into another course of trembling sobs. 

After I got out of the shower, I decided I would log onto my Facebook account. I checked my messages and notifications. Not much there. I quietly cried while staring at my computer screen, I had nothing to look forward too.. or so I thought. Then I remembered, the Meet and Greet this Friday! Did I still want to go? Of course I did. But what about my mother? I couldn't live with myself if something happened while I was there. But this is my dream.. and I'm sure my mother wouldn't mind. I decided I would go.