Finding True Love

Chapter 1, Excitement-Worriedness

"Olivia!" My mom was calling me from downstairs. "Dinner's ready!"

I sighed and turned off my music as I got up, and slouched down the stairs. I heard the TV as I got to the bottom of the staircase.

"One Direction coming to your town this Friday!"

I squealed with excitment, remembering that I was going to that meet and greet. My mother chuckled slightly at my sudden outburst. 

"You really love that band don't you?"  she asked.

"They're not just a band! They're my LIFE!" I put emphasis on the last word, to let her know I was serious! She smiled at me, and laughed again. 

"Whatever you say, Honey" 

I laughed. 

"So, what's for dinner?" I asked.

"Pizza." She replied. 

I smiled. Pizza was my favorite. I was a very carefree person, so I didn't really care what I looked like. 

********

After dinner, I helped my mother was dishes then I headed off to take a shower, and get ready for bed. The next day was Tuesday. The special thing about tomorrow is that is the day we find out my mothers test results. She had found a lump in her breast a few days earlier. She went to the doctors right away. They told her she'd have to wait a week to see final test results. I got a growing uneasy feeling in my stomach as I thought what could happen if the test results were positive. I went to bed with tears spilling out of my eyes as i thought of the possabilities..