Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

For the next few days the end of the semester was drawing near, and Hermione couldn’t seem to focus on anything but the situation at hand. Draco Malfoy.

            Never, in a million millenniums, had Hermione thought that she would be obsessing over a single boy.

            Hermione sat in the library studying for an exam when Luna came up beside her.

            “Hello, Hermione,” she said in that soft voice of hers.

            “Hello, Luna. I’m sorry but I haven’t got time to talk.” Hermione slammed her book shut and started to walk away.

            “I know about you and Draco,” she said softly as Hermione was about to leave. She turned around and walked back towards Luna.

            “No! Nothing’s going on between him and I. What ever rumors you’ve heard you have them all-”

            “I don’t believe that I do. It’s alright. I won’t tell anyone. I’ve been noticing that you are under a lot of stress. Do you want to take a walk by the lake and talk about it?”

Hermione told Luna everything. She was so overwhelmed with what has been going on. She didn’t know what to do anymore.

            “It seems like you have some decisions to make.”

            “Yes, I do and I’m afraid of making the wrong one. Oh, Luna what do I do?”

            “Stop denying it,” Luna replied simply. Hermione was confused.

            “Denying what?”

            “That you’re in love with him. I see the way you glance over at him from the Gryffindor table; and the way you just talked about him with such passion. If it were me, I’d tell him how you feel.”

            “But we’ve already confessed that we love each other!” screamed Hermione. “All we do is argue and I don't know if this was even meant to be at all! Every time that we get along something just has to push us apart! It’s like, I don’t know, the person who is planning out my life wrote it wrong. Almost as if none of this was ever meant to be.”

            “I don’t know what else to say, Hermione Granger. You’ve rendered me speechless on the subject.” Luna looked up towards the sky and then back to Hermione. “Goodbye.” Luna left Hermione by the lake, and eventually Hermione went back up to the castle.

When she arrived at the Gryffindor common room, Harry was sitting in a chair reading a book.

            “Studying for an exam?” Hermione asked as she walked through the portrait. Harry looked up and smirked the slightest bit.

            “Yeah.” Hermione walked cautiously towards Harry and took a seat on the couch opposite the fireplace. They were both silent for a long time.

            “Well, we can’t just keep pretending like Ron never got expelled,” Harry finally said. “What happened?” he asked. Hermione took a deep breath and turned to look Harry straight in the eyes. She hesitated for a moment.

            “Ron used…he used…the, uh…” She looked up at Harry. His facial expression was persistent and wanted an answer from Hermione. “Ron used the Cruciatus curse on Malfoy.” Hermione quickly looked away. Harry sat back in the chair. Then Dean and Seamus came down from the boy’s dormitories.

            Harry knew that they had heard what Hermione said by the looks on their faces. He stood up.

            “I’ll see you around then,” were his final words to her. Harry left the common room and Hermione sat there. Dean and Seamus walked carefully around her, trying to pretend like they hadn’t heard a thing. Hermione sat there and cried.

***

Sorry for not updating in so long! I've been busy with a lot of family stuff so I hope you guys can forgive me!

What do you think is going to happen next?

(Also, if anything seems odd or out of place and it needs a change, don't hesitate to tell me. I feel that my ideas in this story skip around a lot.)

Thanks,

Kameron